DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R2C: CESARO vs. RUSEV

MM16: 2nd RDC - CESARO vs. RUSEV  

114 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Cesaro is clearly a better worker just due to being more seasoned, but I am such an unabashed mark for Rusev that this is not as easy as you would think.

Rusev looks like he just has so much fun being this cartoonish, over the top heel.

Yeah, Cesaro missing a large chunk of the voting period swings my vote to the lovable Bulgarian who rode to WrestleMania on a tank, and got away with hugging Vince McMahon on live television.

Yeah, Cesaro missing a large chunk of the voting period swings my vote to the lovable Bulgarian who rode to WrestleMania on a tank, and got away with hugging Vince McMahon on live television.

To be fair - Vince saw it coming

22735%20-%20League_Of_Nations%20Rusev%20

Rusev is great and entertaining but Cesaro is the best wrestler in the company by a wide margin so he could miss six months and I'd still vote for him.

Edit: The missed time thing is bugging me so I looked it up.

Cesaro wrestled 148 matches (68 televised) during the voting period. Rusev wrestled 158 (72 televised). Rusev also missed time too, remember?

• Like 1

I really don't see this wide gap between Cesaro & Rusev as far as in ring ability. I DO however see a huge gap in between them as interesting characters. I don't think there is anyway in hell that Cesaro could have made entertaining segments out of the shitty love triangle stuff the way Rusev did.

GW1bsiF.gif

rusev-throws-a-fish.gif

• Like 1

I wouldn't call those entertaining segments, but I would say Rusev was entertaining during them. Cesaro was the best in ring guy in WWE up until his injury. I don't know if he had a match all year where he wasn't the best guy in the ring.

I really don't see this wide gap between Cesaro & Rusev as far as in ring ability. I DO however see a huge gap in between them as interesting characters. I don't think there is anyway in hell that Cesaro could have made entertaining segments out of the shitty love triangle stuff the way Rusev did.

GW1bsiF.gif

rusev-throws-a-fish.gif

Counterpoint: Showing he had this range did irreparable damage to his career because he showed WWE writers they could do dumb things with him instead of booking him as the monster he should be.

Cesaro built an entire house show match against the Miz around sunglasses and still looked like a wrestling god in the process.