DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R2C: KOTA IBUSHI vs. SAMOA JOE

MM16: 2nd RDC - KOTA IBUSHI vs. SAMOA JOE  

83 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Ibushi is so great that he was like "fuck it, I don't want to wrestle as much, and I'm going to start my own promotion" and New Japan said "Okay man, any time you want to work with us, give us a call!"

TNA let Samoa Joe's contract expire.

• Like 3

2015-2016 has really been the Renaissance of Samoa Joe. He might be the guy that made us realize that Baron Corbin was a guy that actually has the tools to be someone we want to watch and progress. I've liked his killing guys in NXT and even thought he was gold in the 4 NXT title match. Joe is hthe reliable car. He's got miles on him and wasn't taken care of for so long that now he's been properly serviced and has a new owner might just get double the miles that were already on him.

Ibushi is always fun but without a someone to lead him then his matches kind of devolve back to his goofy DDT stuff and not his GOOD DDT stuff. Basically, put Ibushi in with a Nakamura or Tanahashi and he shines. Put Ibushi in with someone below that and he is just kinda there.

James

• Like 1

Ibushi's G1 run would probably be enough for me to vote him over Joe but there's also his New Japan Cup run, a match vs. HARASHIMA and the AJ Styles IWGP Title match as well. I'm glad folks dig Joe now but I haven't really been impressed with his work. I mean. I like him but he's just so clearly past his prime that it's just kind of sad that he's finally getting this opportunity now that he's done as a great wrestler.

2015-2016 has really been the Renaissance of Samoa Joe. He might be the guy that made us realize that Baron Corbin was a guy that actually has the tools to be someone we want to watch and progress. I've liked his killing guys in NXT and even thought he was gold in the 4 NXT title match. Joe is hthe reliable car. He's got miles on him and was taken care of for so long that now he's been properly serviced and has a new owner might just get double the miles that were already on him.

Ibushi is always fun but without a someone to lead him then his matches kind of devolve back to his goofy DDT stuff and not his GOOD DDT stuff. Basically, put Ibushi in with a Nakamura or Tanahashi and he shines. Put Ibushi in with someone below that and he is just kinda there.

James

James said it best. Joe wins for me.

After Enzo, Joe is probably the 2nd best NXT guy on the mic.  It's never been his strong suit, but the dude can hold his own.  

In the ring he has been the best dude in NXT since Sami went down.  The Balor matches have been underwhelming, and the Owens match was more set up than actual match, but his TV stuff, Dusty Classic stuff and his work with Corbin in singles has been off the charts.  

It feels good to have the real Samoa Joe back.

Moe, you're too a good a dude to pull that joke, but was amused you got somebody with that.  Poor Tyson.

I'm going with Joe because especially since he's turn heel he's looking more and more like the Joe of old.  A callup is imminent and I'm excited to see who he goes up against.  But I'm hoping also for a match against Nakamura before the callup.  I feel weird voting against Ibushi considering how great his matches have been, but Joe's been consistently awesome killing fools left and right.  I'm just glad I saw him in ROH again before he went to NXT.

I only think Mil Muertes is good as Mil Muertes, BUT LET'S REACH BACK YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS

And CM Punk..

BRADEN WALKER

Obligatory:

(holy shit, get a better mic tho)

Joe wasn't particularly great for a decent stretch of the voting period. He's been really good, but nothing great. I'm not a fan of a lot of Ibushi-isms but he's had a very impressive year.

A callup is imminent for the guy they hired to explicitly not call up ever?

Meltzer (I think) said a few weeks back that the WWE has been so impressed with his work that they decided to call him up after Wrestlemania.  

Joe has been so fucking good since getting to NXT. You can absolutely see him having the time of his life. In the WWE, I have a hard time thinking of another male who was better than him.