DVDVR Message Board

Football Shirt RESTART OMNIBUS thread.

Pete

I hate it when England wear Blue. Makes no sense. No blue on the St George's Cross, is there? If they want to change it up from the White/ Red duopoly, why does it always have to be the colour of (the country that thinks of us as their great rivals, even though we consider them beneath us and focus on our rivalries with Germany and Argentina instead)? What's wrong with Black, or Yellow, or a contrasting darker shade of Red? Not Green though. Don't want to look even slightly Welsh. Ugh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Pete said:

Austin_FC_21-22_Home_Jersey_Black_GK1412

Austin_FC_21-22_Home_Jersey_Black_GK1412

Austin FC's shirts just dropped and they are pretty killer.

Fuck Andrew Precourt.

Hard.

With a power drill wrapped in barbed wire.

That is all.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Every single pink Sheffield United away kit needs to be fired into the sun. Horrendous kit for a horrendous season. 

5 hours ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

Every single pink Sheffield United away kit needs to be fired into the sun. Horrendous kit for a horrendous season. 

I find it funny when Bradford City played in the Premier League, we had the home kit referred to as rhubarb and custard than the traditional claret and amber. The rhubarb and custard shirt debuted on Soccer AM with the Bradford City Fans of the Week watching on.

SKtAmhja.png

Here's some footage of me after Bradford City beat Liverpool in the final day of the 1999-2000 Premier League season to stay up. I was filmed on camera:

12314147_10153248326543862_5467041775425

Me and my Dad.

12291900_10153248327083862_2909123191008

14 year old me. Haven't touched the photos up, they've made the kit look darker and that's for the best.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I find it funny that Bradford City was in the Premier League, we had the home kit referred to as rhubarb and custard than the traditional claret and amber. The rhubarb and custard shirt debuted on Soccer AM with the Bradford City Fans of the Week watching on.

SKtAmhja.png

Bradford's kit always makes me think of Werther's Originals. Broad stripes > thin stripes imo.

As for the away kit, I wonder what monstrosity the Blades will come up with next season. Maybe a return of this belter:

Sheffield United Retro Shirts – Be A Sharp Looking Blade!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Chelskis kit is vile and Liverpool messed up a decent kit with those sleeves. Bring on more horrors!

I must say, the sullen glare at the local five-a-side pitch is a much better promo shot than this professional looking photo shoot rubbish. It doesn't solve the problem that someone else traditionally playing in a block colour is trying to zazz it up with what appears to be a camouflage pattern.

Edited by DangerMark