DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R2B: ASUKA vs. NEGRO CASAS

MM16: 2nd RDB - ASUKA vs. NEGRO CASAS  

100 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

You better hope we dont get the projected bayley vs sasha final.

Sasha Main Roster run will ruin her - especially when you consider who she most likely would face in the Semis

Asuka is basically my Brock Lesnar if he worked more frequently and didn't just throw Germans out like candy.  She is such a walking, talking event that grabs my attention like a laser beam while the rest of the world struggles to keep up.  I would rather watch her work Eva Marie for 5 minutes than some people go 20.  I don't want to see her back-and-forth.  I want to see her hunt and kill.

Negro Casas is phenomenal but is stuck in a bad promotion and doesn't get to kick Dana Brook in the head.

Vote Asuka.

• Like 3

I've been thinking about this. It wasn't a spectacular year for Casas relative to the last year or two. Don't get me wrong, he had a few big singles matches and all of them save for the Super Parka one, were good to great. He's still dynamic. He's still amazing week in and week out like no one else in wrestling. The booking wasn't on his side.

I don't think that matters though. Here's why. This was the year that CMLL started airing THREE shows a week live online. Three. I know some people who've gotten into lucha over the last few years, like myself, and it's the first time that we get to watch Negro Casas matches live, as they're happening in Mexico, and that's such a joy. It's something we won't be able to do forever and it's always worth it. Always, no matter who he's paired with, because we're on borrowed time with him and he's still performing at a level that almost no one in the rest of the world can match. 

We get to watch this guy live once a week. We get to watch him, in real time, react to things and create chaos with that mirthful trickster god sparkle in his eye. We get to watch him take crazy bumps, hype the crowd for strike exchanges, radiate charisma, and keep up with guys half his age.

How lucky are we?

• Like 1