DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013: September Thread Where Pittsburgh Tries to Win it All

Craig H

I'm rooting for Pittsburgh but Billy Hamilton is beyond human. That run on the line drive in the 9th was crazy.

That stolen base last night was amazing.  Everyone knew he would go on the first pitch. Hell Russell Martin who has done a good job throwing people out caught the pitch in a crouched throwing position and still wasn't close to catching him. 

Nice comeback to win the game tonight. Looks like the Cards are going to crush the Brewers though.

I love AJ Burnett. Thrown asunder the proverbial bus by cold callous Yankee fans only to be welcomed wholeheartedly by the Pirates faithful, he's truly the prime time big game bulldog a team needs at times like this.

Also, genius move by Hurdle putting Grilled Cheese back in the closer slot. The D has let him down but Melancon definitely looked shook after last night's collapse. I know he closed a ton of games back in the day but for whatever reason he's morphed into that guy who pitches great as a set up guy but struggles as a closer.

I don't see the Bucs catching the Cards but it's absolutely imperative they host the Play In Game. 

Via Texts from my sister who is there - Metallica will be playing Enter Sandman live today at Yankee Stadium (assuming for the pregame ceremony though that would be fucking insane if they played it live when he came into the game)

Which makes sense since they played the Apollo Theater last night so they are in town

2nd and 3rd with no outs in the 8th down a run and the Yanks dont score with two guys thrown out at homeThere go the faint playoff hopes

Giants do just enough to sabotage the Yankees' playoff hopes, and of course they wait until Rivera (and Pettite too!) Day, the last home game for both of them, to do it.

And the A's explode for a 6 run inning on Minnesota [in their last home game of the regular season] and will almost certainly clinch the division on their own efforts today now.  The Mausoleum is about as loud and as colorful as it ever gets.

It sounds like the tarps will come off the upper deck for the playoffs.

2nd and 3rd with no outs in the 8th down a run and the Yanks dont score with two guys thrown out at homeThere go the faint playoff hopes

Giants do just enough to sabotage the Yankees' playoff hopes, and of course they wait until Rivera (and Pettite too!) Day, the last home game for both of them, to do it.  And the A's explode for a 6 run inning on Minnesota [in their last home game of the regular season] and will almost certainly clinch the division on their own efforts today now.  The Mausoleum is about as loud and as colorful as it ever gets. It sounds like the tarps will come off the upper deck for the playoffs.
Use the tarps to block off the sewage.

DO NOT WATCH THE MACHADO INJURY IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH AT ALL. If you run a blog or website, throw it under a cut purely out of courtesy. No one needs to see that without wanting to.

The Hudson injury seemed almost inevitable, like you were watching a slow motion car crash. The Machado injury was...out of nowhere. 

Is there any chance that MLB will expand to 2 more teams and realign themselves like the NFL? 4 divisional winners and two wild cards.

There was talk of that and I think a study is being done to bring baseball back to Montreal (including some Mets/Blue Jays spring training games there next spring) but am not sure what other cities might be under consideration. Don't know how firm this is though...

Is there any chance that MLB will expand to 2 more teams and realign themselves like the NFL? 4 divisional winners and two wild cards.

There was talk of that and I think a study is being done to bring baseball back to Montreal (including some Mets/Blue Jays spring training games there next spring) but am not sure what other cities might be under consideration. Don't know how firm this is though...

That would be awesome, as I would immediately ditch the Jays to return to my true love, the Expos. But surely this can't be a possibility without a new stadium? There's no way they can play in the Big Owe and survive. Are there any talks in Montreal about building a new park?

That said, bring them back. Bring them all back.

Posted Image

Posted Image