DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013: September Thread Where Pittsburgh Tries to Win it All

Craig H

Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez hit his first Major League home run in his last start of the season. Then proceeded to piss off the Braves with his trot. I love this kid.

http://deadspin.com/i-love-how-the-marlins-get-the-rap-of-getting-hispanic-1297665370

...And the fans then chant his name. Which is something I've never heard Marlins fans ever do for anybody.

• Like 1

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you bitch and moan and whine like a baby about other teams having classless fans, and then you say the Braves should throw at Fernandez's head, you're just as bad as all of them and shouldn't watch sports.

God am I thankful that I've distanced myself from this fanbase. What a bunch of hypocritical whackjobs.

Oh, and pardon my language, but Bobby Valentine is a fucking jackass. What the fuck are his comments about the Yankees "not being there" after 9/11 supposed to accomplish, especially because he is completely WRONG? There are a lot of stupid, egotistical people in baseball, but I think Bobby V is at the top of that heap now.

I dont know why the Bobby V story pissed me off yesterday since the news he is a lying sack of shit isn't surprising.

But then he doubled down on it again this morning so yeah... I want to crush his face with a shovel now

Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez hit his first Major League home run in his last start of the season. Then proceeded to piss off the Braves with his trot. I love this kid.

http://deadspin.com/i-love-how-the-marlins-get-the-rap-of-getting-hispanic-1297665370

...And the fans then chant his name. Which is something I've never heard Marlins fans ever do for anybody.

Love Johnson running in with a full head of steam only to immediately put the brakes on and put his dick back in his pants as soon as the Marlin cavalry shows up.

• Like 2

Love Johnson running in with a full head of steam only to immediately put the brakes on and put his dick back in his pants as soon as the Marlin cavalry shows up.

HOLD ME BACK! HOLD ME BACK! SOMEONE PLEASE HOLD ME BACK!

Wasn't just the trot, it was the spitting on the ground in front Chris Johnson the third baseman.  Bush league move.  I don't have too much of a problem with the guy watching his homer - though, really, he's a pitcher and should know better - but spitting like that is always going to piss people off.

And Milley-waukay downs the Cards in the series finale after the Bucs defeat the Cubs earlier in the night. NL Central all tied up with 16 games left.

Between this and the absolute dogpile that is the AL Wild Card, this is shaping up to be an epic last two weeks of the season.

Yeah. He's pretty awesome. I'm amazed by the total difference in his performance playing for the Yankees, compared to his time with the Cubs. I know he didn't want to leave the Cubs, but he really needed a change of scenery, and the Yankees were one of the best fits for him.