[MM16] R2A: FENIX vs. KEVIN OWENS

MM16: 2nd RDA - FENIX vs. KEVIN OWENS  

104 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

FENIX

Texano Jr/Pentagon Jr  vs. Toscano/Fenix

vs. Mil Muertes

KEVIN OWENS

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x31usks_john-cena-vs-kevin-owens-elimination-chamber-2015_sport

vs. John Cena*

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2wpyb5_kevin-owens-vs-finn-balor-nxt-championship-match-wwe-the-beast-in-the-east_tv

vs. Finn Balor

* - denotes 1001 Matches selection

Is Grave Consequences a 1001 Match selection?

Yes - as noted when I posted it under one of their 1st Round matches (I forgot which one I put it under)

I'm leaning towards Fenix here, but that's because I saw his first match with Cuerno from this season last night and thought it was really good. I should probably try to catch some Owens house show footage though.

I'm leaning towards Fenix here, but that's because I saw his first match with Cuerno from this season last night and thought it was really good. I should probably try to catch some Owens house show footage though.

There is a lot - I just wish it wasn't a lot of it wasn't against Ambrose

I like Kevin Owens, but he came up to the main roster with an obvious formula and rarely deviates from it.

It's the WWE house style. Owens' work was more interesting and character driven in NXT. I think Owens was probably the best male wrestler in the voting period for WWE, but he has a tendency to wrestle up or down to his competition.

I like Fenix fine, and the matches against Mil Muertes are outstanding, but I have zero sense for his character.  King Cuerno is such a more compelling character than Fenix that it was hard not to side with him in their recent feud.  Also, I watched that trios match with Fenix, Rey and Psycho Clown v. Mundo, Pentagon Jr. and Low-Ki and I thought that (other than some fine hate between Rey and Mundo) that match was hot garbage.

With Kevin Owens, you always know where his character is at, where his opponent stands, and how much he hates just about everyone.  Plus, KO and Ambrose headlined the last house show I went to and KO broke a singapore cane in half and stabbed Ambrose in the stomach with it.  I'm with KO.

This is simple.  

Owens wins, or Rippa has to review the Heroes of Wrestling PPV on the next 10 DVDVRs. 

VOTE OWENS. 

Wait ... this is supposed to make me not want to vote for Fenix?  Because I'm all in on that idea.

• Like 1

This is one of the easier votes this round.  Much as I like Fenix I've been a Steen/Owens fan for years.  It still astounds me that he's on the main roster and has any kind of championship.  He's doing what he can to make the IC champ matter, and in the eyes of many he does indeed matter.  Say what you will about Dean, but Owens was the right guy to put him against, even if it's a never-ending feud.  And booking mistakes aside, I sense that WWE has a lot of faith in him to get the job done.  Fenix is a guy I only got into once LU started, and as good as he is (he's fucking awesome) I'm going with Owens on this one.

This is simple.  

Owens wins, or Rippa has to review the Heroes of Wrestling PPV on the next 10 DVDVRs. 

VOTE OWENS.

Wait ... this is supposed to make me not want to vote for Fenix?  Because I'm all in on that idea.

I think it's supposed to make Rippa rig the voting.

Story about Fenix

So we were waiting in line super early at the lucha temple, and Fenix was outside, so he came over to say hi to us.  We all take some photos with him and stuff, and end up posting them to various social media.

JMAN from the Last Real Heels' podcast took a photo of his wife with Fenix.  It starts getting a ton of responses of people laughing, basically.

We didn't notice until posting the pics that Fenix had a shirt on that said LOL VERGA (dick) on it in gigantic letters.

That's way better than a shirt that says KO on it

• Like 1

I don't really "get" Owens. I liked Kevin Steen fine but there aren't really any matches of his I particularly remember from the voting period. He's a fun promo though. Schneider and Eric shitting on last week's Lucha Underground ladder match but having the Owens-Ambrose Last Man Standing as a MOTY when it had pretty much the exact same problems was mind-boggling.