DVDVR Message Board

MARCH MADNESS 2016

Dolfan in NYC

"Badgers are going to win it all this year!" - Some guy. I'm personally happy if they make the tournament which they should at this rate.

Monmouth drops the MAAC title game to Iona, and may be on the outside looking in come Sunday night. Gonzaga lost the WCC semifinal to St. Mary's, and will probably miss the tournament for the first time since 1999.

Edited. The website I read with the Gonzaga score this morning not only had the score wrong, but their opponent wrong. Gonzaga beat BYU last night, and takes on St. Mary's tonight for the WCC automatic bid to the big dance.

Edited by Dewar

Monmouth drops the MAAC title game to Iona, and may be on the outside looking in come Sunday night. Gonzaga lost the WCC semifinal to St. Mary's, and will probably miss the tournament for the first time since 1999.

Edited. The website I read with the Gonzaga score this morning not only had the score wrong, but their opponent wrong. Gonzaga beat BYU last night, and takes on St. Mary's tonight for the WCC automatic bid to the big dance.

And they won the game, guaranteeing an 18th straight tournament berth. They haven't missed since I moved to Spokane in August of 98.
  • Like 1

Just got a ticket for both A10 tourney sessions tomorrow for $24 total so 6 games in a 28 hour period will cost me about $32 total. Not bad.

• Like 1

A10 tourney leaves Barclays for the next two seasons because of the ACC. Fuck the fucking ACC for fucking me out of cheap and plentiful basketball for the next two seasons!

Ivy's announce that they will hold postseason tournaments starting next year

EDIT - oh and it will be held at the Palestra

The format will be different, however: Four teams, two semifinal games on the first day (Saturday) with the No. 1 seed playing the No. 4 seed and No. 2 vs. No. 3 seed, followed by the championship game played the next day (Sunday). The winners will receive the automatic NCAA bids. The teams that finish with the best records from the 14-game, regular-season conference schedule will continue to be recognized as Ivy League champions.

Former KU player Clyde Lovellette died yesterday of complications from cancer.  He was the first player, and still only one of a handful, to win an NCAA championship, and NBA championship, and an Olympic gold medal.

I'm sure you can buy some Boston College alum seats on the cheap. Downside would be stuck in a building full of New Jersey Dookies for a few days. :)

At least the enhancement talent opening round should be cheap on StubHub like the Big East Tourney.

So there's one of your "first four" teams that'll probably be matched up with a MEAC or SWAC team in Dayton.

My annual gripe with the "First Four":

If you win your conference championship, you should be in the main tournament. The play-in games should be for the last few at-large teams that actually need to earn their way into an 11 or 12-seed or something.

• Like 3

So there's one of your "first four" teams that'll probably be matched up with a MEAC or SWAC team in Dayton.

My annual gripe with the "First Four":

If you win your conference championship, you should be in the main tournament. The play-in games should be for the last few at-large teams that actually need to earn their way into an 11 or 12-seed or something.

That's why the games/rounds have been renamed. The NCAA figured out exactly the thing you're talking about do more those games are "the first round".