DVDVR Message Board

MARCH MADNESS 2016

Dolfan in NYC

Fucking Purdue. You have all night to go down court and set up a game winning shot and instead you charge to the basket like a madman and end up careening out of control like Wile E Coyote. One of my brackets busted in the second game of the tourney - that's a new record for me.

Just finished a long day of ugly basketball in Des Moines.  Hopefully Saturday's matchups will be a little more entertaining.

Also, if you like drunk, cornfed girls with their whole ass hanging out then I highly recommend Des Moines on St Patrick's day.

• Like 3

And CBS spent more time covering that than most of the games. Good Lord, their studio coverage last night was beyond awful.

The highlight of last night was Barkley and Clark Kellog trying to explain something about being physical in the paint and it was like Barkley was trying to make Kellog laugh talking "my body touching your body" and "our bodies close together".    At the end you felt like they need some alone time   :D  

VCU telling people that they don't need Shaka Smart today.  Or proving people that the Pac 12 is just as below average as people thought it was

So there's one of your "first four" teams that'll probably be matched up with a MEAC or SWAC team in Dayton.

My annual gripe with the "First Four":

If you win your conference championship, you should be in the main tournament. The play-in games should be for the last few at-large teams that actually need to earn their way into an 11 or 12-seed or something.

I mostly agree though I can see why they don't want all eight teams in the First Four to be name schools who are going to end up 11/12 seeds.

That said, I'm feeling less charitable to the Southerns and Holy Crosses of the tourney after sitting through the First Four this year.  Not feeling kindly towards Tulsa or Michigan either (though Beilein used to coach at my alma mater, WVU, and acquitted himself quite well here).  Some ugly ball. 

Mid Tennessee has never trailed, and Sparty has not been tied since it was 2-2.  

This is the classic case of a team believing its own hype and completely overlooking the low seed