DVDVR Message Board

WWE ROADBLOCK (March 12 Toronto Show)

RIPPA

What I found interesting about the NXT Tag Match was that it was wrestled like an NXT match and not in the traditional WWE "main roster" style, and it totally got over. It stood out, in a good way, in how the match was booked, laid out, wrestled, and executed. Totally different than, say, the New Day/League match. It was the best match on the show and seemed like it had the best reaction from a mostly tepid crowd all night long. I'd like to think that this is a good indicator of future booking once HHH/NXT takes over, but I don't know if the main roster booking will ever change. Good to know, though, that that style of booking still can get over.

• Like 1

Why was the story that Dean is almost good enough to beat a 50 year old?

Trips is one of the most protected guys in WWE history, the champion, in better shape than most of the roster, much larger than Ambrose AND the top heel in the company. Whittling that down to "why is a 50 year old booked strong" seems a little foolish,

All that's fine. But for fucks sake, why not have H3 show just a little ass? One pedigree? C'mon.

And that visual pin argument is bullshit. You wanna put Ambrose over strong without giving him the strap? Give him the visual pin as they did and later in the match have Hunter lose and retain on a countout. Perfect finish in this situation. Doesn't hurt Dean, doesn't hurt Hunter - who is 50 and an exec and probably shouldn't be going over somebody you might want to draw money with at some point. Fucking simple. One pedigree = Dean is everybody else on the roster. Shit is dumb.

Not to be Mr. Pedantic but Triple H is 46, not 50 and honestly, in the smoke and mirrors world of professional wrestling where Triple H has been protected for nearly two decades, hitting Ambrose with an impulsive flash pedigree to get the win, in a highly competitive 30 minute main event, where Ambrose ''proved'' he could beat Hunter isn't really that damaging in the grand scheme of things. It's not a Booker T situation. 

In fairness, he did go through a table right before the pedigree. And while I can definitely understand not wanting HHH on top in 2016, he is the champ going into Mania right now and probably shouldn't be having weak title retains 3 weeks from the show.

Also need a .gif of Dean's thrusting crotch chops.

• Like 1

The story of the finish was that Dean was so desperate to not lose by countout that he lost any position to be able to defend himself in the process. At least that's how I read into it.

It was a cagey vet win, and if that point was not conveyed properly (which it wasn't) that's on the announcers.

• Like 2

In fairness, he did go through a table right before the pedigree. And while I can definitely understand not wanting HHH on top in 2016, he is the champ going into Mania right now and probably shouldn't be having weak title retains 3 weeks from the show.

Also need a .gif of Dean's thrusting crotch chops.

Mn0hg6N.gif

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I heard Cole say on commentary while Brock had his eyes fixed on Bray but he's facing Dean at Mania? So who knows what the deal is. Maybe someone will pull double duty.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ambrose filed a petition to have the tape reviewed on Raw tomorrow night.  That it's shown his feet weren't under the ropes, and he demands a rematch.  Ambrose gets put into the WHC match, which is bothersome to HHH. . . and Roman Reigns.

They then move Bray into a match with Brock.

• Like 2

This Ambrose match sort of explains why I still like him in the ring despite the shitty offense. He does more with less than a good chunk of the roster. The problem is when he does go for more his signature O is trash.

I really enjoyed the figure 4/sharpshooter segment and the earlier bits where Dean was trying to mangle Trips.

I'm pretty sure I heard Cole say on commentary while Brock had his eyes fixed on Bray but he's facing Dean at Mania? So who knows what the deal is. Maybe someone will pull double duty.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ambrose filed a petition to have the tape reviewed on Raw tomorrow night.  That it's shown his feet weren't under the ropes, and he demands a rematch.  Ambrose gets put into the WHC match, which is bothersome to HHH. . . and Roman Reigns.

I think this is exactly what will happen on Monday. Of course the Authority would have no reason to actually allow Ambrose in the title match, but it will happen anyways, because... reasons.

I'm pretty sure I heard Cole say on commentary while Brock had his eyes fixed on Bray but he's facing Dean at Mania? So who knows what the deal is. Maybe someone will pull double duty.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ambrose filed a petition to have the tape reviewed on Raw tomorrow night. That it's shown his feet weren't under the ropes, and he demands a rematch. Ambrose gets put into the WHC match, which is bothersome to HHH. . . and Roman Reigns.

I think this is exactly what will happen on Monday. Of course the Authority would have no reason to actually allow Ambrose in the title match, but it will happen anyways, because... reasons.

Maybe pulled by Shane to mess with Stephanie and Hunter?

Per Dave's update today

The reason Bray didn't wrestle is because his back is really fucked up.

Yeah - having a bad back and trying to grind through a match with Brock Lesnar is definitely not a good idea.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I heard Cole say on commentary while Brock had his eyes fixed on Bray but he's facing Dean at Mania? So who knows what the deal is. Maybe someone will pull double duty.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ambrose filed a petition to have the tape reviewed on Raw tomorrow night. That it's shown his feet weren't under the ropes, and he demands a rematch. Ambrose gets put into the WHC match, which is bothersome to HHH. . . and Roman Reigns.

I'm sure Dean could pull some "I really won this match, so maybe I should take this video to the shareholders and see what they think" type of thing, although that scenario asks us to suspend our disbelief about WWE shareholders agreeing to meet with a homeless man.

Yeah I hate Triple Threats...at least the ones the WWE does. Triple Threats and Fatal Four ways should be elimination matches, not first pin/submit wins. Dean/Brock is much better for Dean than him getting thrown into the world title match. Dean being the guy who beat the guy who beat Taker at Wrestlermania would be something.