DVDVR Message Board

September 2013 Football Thread.

The Natural

Sunderland AFC confirms that it has parted company with head coach Paolo Di Canio this evening.

Kevin Ball will take charge of the squad ahead of Tuesday night’s Capital One Cup game against Peterborough United and an announcement will be made in due course regarding a permanent successor.

The club would like to place on record its thanks to Paolo and his staff and wishes them well for the future.

Posted Image

Have to say that for all the folks talking about how United are a one-man club whose fortunes depend on RVP playing or not, you could say the same thing about City... and that man is Vincent Kompany. Put it like this, without him on the field we aren't shutting out Manchester freaking United in open play and cruising to CL road victories. He is/was a fucking beast, quite possibly the best defender in the world and probably the best purchase of the new regime.

Went to the Hatter yesterday wearing a shirt that probably hadn't fit me since they were still playing at Maine Road, had a glorious time with 150 of my fellow city peeps including the SO, who had a blast and is going to start researching City so she can really start following them as well, and even got on TV for a few seconds after the match ended (NBCSN had camera crews at the Hatter and I imagine Nevada's). It would've been a fabulous day even if we didn't BEAT THE RAGS LIKE THE DOGS THEY ARE.

City whoops United in the morning, Bears beat the Steelers at night. A great day of football of all kinds. And man is Pete right about Kompany, as the team has looked like world beaters with him and a mid-table squad without him. Still a good idea to buy a center back in January as depth, as I am not buying Lescott, Dimichelis,and Javi Garcia as proper cover there.

Who'da thunk after (Ozil aside) a poor transfer window and an opening day defeat to villa, the Arsenal would be top after 6 games?

I didn't see it. We're one or two injuries away from complete disaster though I'd say. Need to keep everyone fit.

• Like 1

Premiere League is shaping up to be quite interesting. Not sure if teams like Arsenal or Liverpool can compete in the long run, City and Chelsea are probably the teams to beat. United needs to find their groove and find it fast aswell. Weird how they kind of blew out Leverkusen in the CL.