DVDVR Message Board

September 2013 Football Thread.

The Natural

If a perfect hattrick is three goals in a row, what's four in a row in 20 minutes?

A perfect hat-trick is left foot, right foot and header, right? Not three in a row..........or have I been wrong for my entire life?

No, you're right.

It really depends. In Germany it was three in a row and in one half for a very long time. So there might be different "perfect hat-tricks".

Foz is talking about a natural hat-trick in hockey.

I thought they called that a natural hat trick in soccer too. That's what we called it when Clint Mathis did it for the Metros as part of his four-goal game in 2001 against KC (still the best one-man performance I've ever seen live).
  • Like 1

Foz is talking about a natural hat-trick in hockey.

I thought they called that a natural hat trick in soccer too. That's what we called it when Clint Mathis did it for the Metros as part of his four-goal game in 2001 against KC (still the best one-man performance I've ever seen live).

Clint= LEGEND. Happy with the result of the weekends biggest derby, Metro beats the scum (and their disgusting thug of a coach Ben Olsen, who when we kicked the ball out for an injured player ordered his team not to give back the ball) 2-1! Have fun collecting unemployment Ben!

This gave me a good laugh, from this article on Alan Hansen - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23970986

He was never interested in becoming a manager but when Kenny Dalglish quit as Liverpool boss in 1991, all the papers were saying Hansen would replace him.

Alan had absolutely no intention of going for the job but he wanted a bit of fun and said to the coaches: "Can we just pretend that I am the new manager? Get all the players in the room and I will come in and tell them I am the boss."

He started saying stuff like 'right you all have to live within 15 miles of the training ground, there are no days off, we are training twice a day, and if you are not playing well we will cut your money'.

They were all looking at him with their mouths open thinking that they were in for a complete nightmare when he started laughing and told them the truth.

I caught the second half of the Stillian Petrov charity match earlier. Parkhead was packed and it was all pretty emotional. Entertaining enough with some great moments. Larsson could probably still get a game for Celtic, and I marked out a bit for Lubomir Moravcik. Anyway this after the final whistle put a lump in my throat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKEbEjrXIhs

• Like 1

Guest The Magnificent 7

I caught the second half of the Stillian Petrov charity match earlier. Parkhead was packed and it was all pretty emotional. Entertaining enough with some great moments. Larsson could probably still get a game for Celtic, and I marked out a bit for Lubomir Moravcik. Anyway this after the final whistle put a lump in my throat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKEbEjrXIhs

Great stuff.  Loved Stan.

Well done to the players who turned out for this, even Terry.

I thought the highlight was the guy from One Direction getting crunched by Hebangedawhore.

Video has already been taken down from youtube at least once due to hormonal teenagers flinging cuss words all over the place. I swear when I were a lad Take That fans were far more reasonable.

The sad thing is that  the referee could not award the goal (soccer rules do not have things like american football does, where a score can be awarded for a "patently unfair play"), and the team whose masseur saved those two shots tied this game 2-2 (and advanced on away goals to the final, 3-3)

The team who got screwed is taking legal advice and it's being reviewed in the Sports Justice court, but it should've been automatic. Disqualification or at most lenient, force a replay of the game.