DVDVR Message Board

September 2013 Football Thread.

The Natural

Bizarre...

Daniel Taylor has got to the bottom of the Herrera impasse

"I think we're going to hear a lot more about this in the coming days. The details are a bit sketchy but I've just had it confirmed from Old Trafford that the people who were in Spain, apparently negotiating on their behalf for Ander Herrera, were not sent there by the club and can accurately be described as 'impostors'.

Who on earth they were, no idea. But clearly they were trying to get in on the deal and it has ended in embarrassment for everyone. I get the feeling United are furious.

Their official explanation is that they simply couldn't persuade Bilbao to bring down the buyout clause and it was as straightforward as that (even though there is a clause, it doesn't mean the potential buyer has to meet it). However, there have clearly been all sorts of fun and games going on in the background and it's an embarrassment, to say the least."

Not far fetched at all that United finishes outside the top 4. Chelsea, City, Tottenham, and Arsenal all look to have better starting elevens and the first three teams mentioned have better squad depth. If RVP plays at the level he has past two years and stays healthy, he may be able to steal some points away. However, if and when he gets a knock or two, that team is suddenly very average (at least for their stands) throughout the park. I have not even mentioned Liverpool yet, who probably do not have enough talented depth to maintain a top 4 standing all year, but look much improved and back closer to being a top class squad.

USA Qualifies for the World Cup on Friday if the following happens:

• The United States must beat Costa Rica. (Something they've never done before, 0-7-1)
  • Mexico and Honduras must tie. (game is at the Azteca)
  • Panama must either tie or lose to Jamaica (in Panama)

And awesomely, some United fans have already hit the panic button.

It's a twitter campaign, so it's probably 25% real 25% people defending Moyes and the other 50% asking "who's moyesout".

Worthless gloryhunting idiots

Feillaini deal is apparently £27.5m. Which is more than his buyout clause was a few weeks ago.

Not exactly been smooth operators these past few weeks.

The deal didn't cost United £27.5m. United paid £23.5m for him, the deal is worth £27.5m to Everton due to Fellaini putting in a transfer request which cost him £4m in Loyalty bonus's

Woodward is beginning to piss me off, yes he is.

Its amazing that 3 matches in and some of the supporters are turning on Moyes.  Has he made some questionable lineup decisions, yup.  But he's 3 matches in.  He'll stop managing United like Everton and everything'll be fine.

Was anyone else watching Sky Sports news after midnight on Monday? Because they were saying Lukaku had gone to Liverpool, not Everton. Over and over again.

Robin Van Persie left Arsenal because he was sick of being the one man in a one man team, and wanted to contend for the league title. And, well, he did win one league title...