DVDVR Message Board

September 2013 Football Thread.

The Natural

Waking up at 5:30 on a Sunday doesn't help that feeling much either. We've been playing well, so I'm not as pessimistic as usual.

I just want it to not be a complete fucking shitshow in at least one aspect. Maybe win 1-0, no biting, no chanting from either fans, no red cards, no diving, no shithouse refereeing, no goalkeeping howlers and no fucking penalties.

You ask for so little. There's always a pelanty. There's always diving. There's always chanting. There's usually a red. It's the worst of football and the best of football. Mostly the worst though. And then we have the North West Derby.

Waking up at 5:30 on a Sunday doesn't help that feeling much either. We've been playing well, so I'm not as pessimistic as usual.

I just want it to not be a complete fucking shitshow in at least one aspect. Maybe win 1-0, no biting, no chanting from either fans, no red cards, no diving, no shithouse refereeing, no goalkeeping howlers and no fucking penalties.
Acceptable

Acceptable

Congratulations on the result, FSW and ChesterCopperpot.

Man, that second half was hard to take. It's strange to see Liverpool manage to soak up pressure for an entire half and not give away too many scoring chances. Winning ugly is... strange, but I like it.

Valencia really changed the match, he was superb. Wisdom looked so cool when he came on. I could see him supplanting Martin Kelly as Johnson's backup. He's calm under pressure and a physical wonder.

Tottenham spent the money before they sold Bale. It was well done on their part all around. Fuck Real Madrid but they'll never go bankrupt. They have ridiculous TV money, a massive stadium, huge sponsorship deals, and money from the CL.

Yeah but Kaka won't be bringing back any cash, just taking a big salary off of payroll, and Di Maria and/or Modric won't bring back enough. Even Real can't afford 9-figure outlays without bringing some money back.

In any case, I think they see Benzema/Ronaldo/Bale/Isco as their front four for the forseeable future.