DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R1B: CHRIS JERICHO vs. PENTAGON JR

MM16: 1st RDB - CHRIS JERICHO vs. PENTAGON JR  

115 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Cuts better promos. Would have vetoed jobbing to Sexi Star.

Pentagon Jr is really good at promos and never tried to get people to chant rooty tooty booty. 

Jericho lost to Fandango at Mania, I can totally see Jericho jobbing to Sexy and thinking it's gonna make her huge.

While I think people are generally way too harsh on Jericho, especially during this run, I just can't see a reason to vote for him over Pentagon Jr.

This.  I'm more of a Jericho apologist than most people and he's historically been one of my favorite wrestlers, but....

The law of diminishing returns should be renamed Jericho's Law

I don't think he's actively -bad- now, just as others have mentioned he's not tried to adapt his style to his decreasing abilities and just comes off as a half-assed version of his former self in-ring.  Jericho still has a boatload of knowledge about the fundamentals and the character work aspects of the business, so I'm good with him being kept around to help newer people on the lower card and house show circuit and the like, I just don't want to see him taking up too much time with a major program.

My only exposure to Pentagon is LU and his PWG appearances, but I really like what I've seen.  He's a perfect example of how to protect and build up a finisher.

I'm happy Jericho is back, and maybe even a run as tag champs with AJ might be cool...but Pentagon is an amazing heel. Just so, so, vicious and fucking evil.

1. The promo Pentagon Jr cuts on Vampiro when he threatens to set him on fire. 

2. The promo in Dario's office where Dario offers him one of the Aztec medallions, and Pentagon is like, "My master and I don't care about your little medallions, and if I DID, I'd break your arm and steal all of them at the same time." 

"My sole purpose is to destroy."

It's like Dynamite Kid says, and this is the criteria I use throughout the tournament here unless I actively hate someone, despite me saying I picked a guy because his tag team name is STRONG BJ as a joke-

There's three things to being a wrestler.  Having a good look, being able to talk, being able to wrestle.  If you have two of these things you're in the upper echelon, and all three?  You're a fucking superstar.

Pentagon has all three of these things.  Jericho?  Oh goddamn he used to have all three and now he has two at best.  If you're gonna go all dadbod on us put on some tights instead of trunks buddy

I still feel like Jericho should lean hard into his whiny insecurities and inflated ego and become an amazing heel character.

Then I realize that he's the real life version of the Miz.

What kind of rock band is Miz going to start up some five-ten years from now?

• Like 1

I still feel like Jericho should lean hard into his whiny insecurities and inflated ego and become an amazing heel character.

One of those that does light instrumental versions of metal and punk songs for baby lullaby albums for hipster parents.

I like Jericho but I also mute him every time he starts talking. Pentagon didn't have a perfect year or anything but he's had some really good matches and more than one moment that made me shout AAAAAWWWW SHIT! at the screen even though I was alone.

Nickelplay?

• Like 1