DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R1B: ASUKA vs. KUSHIDA

MM16: 1st RDB - ASUKA vs. KUSHIDA  

96 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Kushida has definitely turned a corner recently, as for awhile there he was kind of hovering around that purgatory of "NJPW Juniors about whom I don't really have any strong feelings about either way".  About midway through last year, he finally started to deliver on a consistent basis.

Asuka/Kana, however, has a physical charisma that may be unmatched in the industry.  She might still be getting used to the NXT/WWE style a bit, and the last match of hers before she left from Japan that I saw was something of a nothing tag match in OZ Academy, but everything she does demands the attention of the audience.

Asuka's match against Santana Garrett would be up there for me. A lot of fun, some great back and forth there..

Agree, just wish it went longer.  They really didn't even try to sell Santana as a remote threat (as they are firmly on the Asuka hype train, and rightly so), even though she's a solid worker.

But can she cut a 10 minute promo tho?

Pretty sure an Asuka ten minute promo is her saying "watch this" and then we get 10 minute montage of her kicking everyone's head off and everyone will be watching and enjoying it...then in two weeks Triple H will pull the same stunt on RAW except his will be 20 minutes of sledgehammer shots and Pedigrees, including a WM19 Pedigree where there is an on-screen clock on how long his Pedigree knocked out Booker T.

Asuka is probably the only person in this tournament I personally view as a "Her in ring work isn't very strong (Make no mistake, it's not bad by any means, she just doesn't have the opportunity yet), but I will vote for based on Charisma and Presence. If Roman Reigns had a quarter of Asuka's natural presence, he'd be getting huge right now.

I will save a better argument for later... maybe, since she's facing Negro Casas next round, who the fuck knows.