DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R1B: SHEAMUS vs KIMBER LEE

MM16: 1st RDB - SHEAMUS vs. KIMBER LEE  

94 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Well that's a problem with the whole tournament and it's always going to be subjective and flawed.  If Tyler Breeze got some booking help and was positioned higher, for example, he'd be more visible and would be having better matches with better guys.

I hope Kimber stops wrestling dudes, soon, as I'm really tired of seeing clips of her nearly dying and then people wailing that wrestling is so fucking horrible. Plus, I fear for her health on many of these ridiculous bumps. The one where Strong propels her into all those chairs...WTF?

I've seen a very limited amount of Kimber Lee (thanks to the Independent Wrestling Channel on Roku) - although I did not find any of her work especially enthralling, it was competent enough to where I would say that she's alright.

Sheamus could fuck off and go do movies forever, and I'd be totally fine with that.

Wait. People like Kimber Lee?

So I take it you are in Bill's "she is a glorified backyarder" camp

Actually no. I'm an agnostic on her. But I haven't really watched her in part because anytime she comes up people say something like OH GOD SHE SUCKS. My post wasn't a troll. I literally didn't realize she had a large fanbase.

I've always liked Kimber Lee and thought she was real impressive since I first saw her back in 2012-2013. I feel like I saw less of her this past year than previous years even though she was all over the place with tons of matches.

But I've also been a big Sheamus fan since around the same time. Thought he was the best in-ring guy in the company in 2012. While he's not at that level these days, I still generally enjoy his matches. Tough vote for me but looks like Kimber has it. I'm good with either.

I'm with tbarrie.  I've watched all of 0 matches with Kimber.  Sheamus is really getting a bad rap here I think but I don't want to compare him to someone I've never seen work.

Incidentally, does anybody else find the selection of who got a bye to the second round kind of arbitrary? I mean, if we're ranking Irish WWE performers (and why not?) Becky seems pretty clearly on top, and I have difficulty seeing an argument for Balor over Sheamus. But here Sheamus and Becky are fighting for their lives in their first round, while Balor gets a free ride.

Look at the way the tournament was seeded before making that post, as it answers the question regarding Becky.

And reality was, 8 WWE Single Male acts were given byes. With such a rough year, there were not going to be weak people through. Balor and Ambrose are probably the weakest. But either would probably beat Sheamus.