DVDVR Message Board

FOOTY - Spring 2016

Dolfan in NYC

Watch out, he might catch wind of your negative vibes and clutch at his face!

There is not a single fucking redeemable quality about that club. I loathe every aspect of the club and its players.

• Like 1

3-0 Metro at the half and BWP with the hat trick! Stupid Veron got sent off for a blatant red or we could've matched last week. Giovinco got subbed off early and it was like TFC gave up.

Last week Metro had the 20th best goal differential in the league. Now at +4 they have the 3rd best. I am one of about 100 people who decided to stay for the RB II-Pittsburgh USL match at 10pm (why they couldn't start at 9:30 I have no idea).

There were legit more highlights in the pack of people crying in the crowd than there were of actual action on the field. Sums the game up nicely.

Only one yellow card for referee abuse and that took until the 92nd minute though, so well done there.

Koke was great, as always. Hey remember that one time people thought Spain were going to fall off terribly post-Iniesta, Xavi etc... probably not so much. He's going to be taking names for a decade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

Only one yellow card for referee abuse and that took until the 92nd minute though, so well done there.

I haven´t seen the final. I just thought I would spend a nice evening with the lady after she allowed me to watch the regional cup highlights (which had my favourite amateur club from Hamburg battling a club from the town I grew up in and was broadcasted on Live Stream). This means I can´t say anything about yesterday´s refereeing in particular.

However, the carding in big finals (EURO, World Cup, CL, German cup finals) has been atrocious over years. It seems as if refs are told to prevent as many cards as possible or yellow-card clear red-card-offenses. Maybe it´s a matter of "if "your" final has an extraordinary amount of cards, especially sent-offs, we will investigate and your career is over." I have no idea, tbh. Whatever it is, I don´t get it. There is a certain set of rules in football. There are additional officials who catch the stuff the ref-trio doesn´t. There are loads of possibilities for the officials to enforce said rules. Just do it already.

Is there a reason Orlando City isn't pressing like crazy? We literally showed everyone how to play at Yankee Stadium, why that would be ignored I have no idea.

Guest Edwin
On 5/22/2016 at 0:16 AM, Death From Above said:

I have never seen a group of professional athletes that behaves worse on camera than Atletico Madrid. I have literally never seen them come out of a meaningful game without someone threatening a referee (usually it's Simeone himself). Beyond that, all the stuff people hate about the way Chelsea play, but with more baying from the crowd about how all their dives should be worth a yellow to the other team.

They are absolutely fucking awful. There isn't a single redeemable quality to the way they play. And they are playing Real Madrid, so if less than 10 minutes of the game is people rolling around faking injuries it will be a miracle.

I believe if anything Atleti proved this was incredibly inaccurate and the ones sporting the white jerseys were the ones doing this, namely the Portuguese guy who wears the #3 who everyone seems to dislike because he maybe the dirtiest player in the world.

AFC Wimbledon won promotion in the playoff final. They're now in the same division as the MK Dons, and will play them twice next season. That could prove interesting.

They also released Adebayo Akinfenwa even though he won the game for them. And everyone loves Akinfenwa.

On 2016-05-30 at 2:30 AM, grizzlyedwin said:

I believe if anything Atleti proved this was incredibly inaccurate and the ones sporting the white jerseys were the ones doing this, namely the Portuguese guy who wears the #3 who everyone seems to dislike because he maybe the dirtiest player in the world.

They "proved" it by playing a style that absolutely everyone in the media was saying "well this is a surprise and not at all what we expected"?

Both teams are kind of trash, and that's fine to accept.

3 hours ago, AxB said:

AFC Wimbledon won promotion in the playoff final. They're now in the same division as the MK Dons, and will play them twice next season. That could prove interesting.

They also released Adebayo Akinfenwa even though he won the game for them. And everyone loves Akinfenwa.

His line that managers can "hit me up on WhatsApp" to offer him a new contract is extraordinary. I've never seen anyone happier to get fired.

Guest Edwin
8 hours ago, Death From Above said:

They "proved" it by playing a style that absolutely everyone in the media was saying "well this is a surprise and not at all what we expected"?

Both teams are kind of trash, and that's fine to accept.

Yeah, no... They weren't flopping around or anything like you claimed.

Sure their style isn't appealing to everyone, but that goes beyond the claim of "HEY LET'S FLOP AND FIGHT WITH THE REFS!!"

Yes, 2 of the best teams in the world are "kind of trash," you're correct... Tottenham and Arsenal on the other hand are great... Crystal Palace too...

Atletico plays terrible fucking soccer. Yeah, they win, but it's garbage, just like Chelsea. I don't like Tottenham or Arsenal, but at least they play attacking football, which makes for nice games for neutral viewers.

Guest Edwin
7 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Atletico plays terrible fucking soccer. Yeah, they win, but it's garbage, just like Chelsea. I don't like Tottenham or Arsenal, but at least they play attacking football, which makes for nice games for neutral viewers.

They have the best defense in the world and are great at keeping possession. Why should they change up that up for attacking football which isn't their strong suit? I'm not saying it's a style that appeals to everyone, but it's effective.

Also I was mostly pointing out how Death From Above mentioned they dive all over the place and jump all over the refs when they think a call should go their way and how they all flop when this is not true.

As much as I loathe Real, Barcelona are the worst when it comes to taking over the officiating of a game. They manage the game down to the smallest of fouls. They'll fall over the ball and pick it up before we even hear a whistle. Fucking hate that sense of entitlement.

If you want to watch football that's not played like that... you can't, it's 2016. You'd have to find some footage from the 70s or something.The 1973-74 season was a good one in England.