DVDVR Message Board

FOOTY - Spring 2016

Dolfan in NYC

West Ham and Arsenal seem to trade. Great game for Carrol.

Edit: It got even better for the big kid. Arsenal seemingly throwing yet another match. Doesn't look like the needed "perfect run" will happen.

Edited by ReiseReise
Additional Carrol madness

I wonder if Andy Carroll can force his way into the England squad before the final one is named. There's nobody else like him in the squad for another option however he's so hit and miss so often.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 7:24 PM, Pete said:

12814233_595766490571553_896537207428909

Way late to the party on this, but that game between AC Milan and Chelsea will be the first ever sporting event to take place at the new U.S. Bank Stadium.

That probably doesn't interest anybody but me, but there you go.

3 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

Is US Bank Stadium going to be a pure Footie arena? With a team in MLS and everything?

No, the MLS team is going to be located in a different brand new stadium in St. Paul (where the XCel Center for the Minnesota Wild NHL team is). I think they start play in 2018.

U.S. Bank Stadium is primarily for the Vikings, but they'll be having a bunch of different stuff there. It was rumored to be the frontrunner for the next WrestleMania for a while. Maybe they'll get the one after the next one instead.

• Like 1

Charlie Stillatano did this weeks SI pod w grant wahl and discussed the whole super league story and they also did the bit where he reads hateful tweets from people, including iain macintosh and espns johnbrewin. 

1 hour ago, Gonzo said:

No, the MLS team is going to be located in a different brand new stadium in St. Paul (where the XCel Center for the Minnesota Wild NHL team is). I think they start play in 2018.

U.S. Bank Stadium is primarily for the Vikings, but they'll be having a bunch of different stuff there. It was rumored to be the frontrunner for the next WrestleMania for a while. Maybe they'll get the one after the next one instead.

Thanks for the answer. I remember discussions on this board about bad treatment of fans during MLS games in American football stadia. Happy to see more and more clubs using their own grounds.

• Like 1

So it turns out all these weeks when Arsene was saying "We still believe.  It will be difficult but until it is mathematically impossible we still believe that if we play our way we can get there..."

...he was talking about fourth. 

Barca losing to Sociedad while Real and Atletico both won their games means a slightly more interesting situation in the BBVA title race. If one of the two teams from Madrid can do what Wenger and his gunners had planned and Barca drops another four points in the remaining games it could happen.

I feel weird, but somehow, I think City still has a shot at winning the BPL. With 18 points to earn they are 12 points behind. So I have no idea why and how I think like that...

3 hours ago, ReiseReise said:

Barca losing to Sociedad while Real and Atletico both won their games means a slightly more interesting situation in the BBVA title race. If one of the two teams from Madrid can do what Wenger and his gunners had planned and Barca drops another four points in the remaining games it could happen.

I feel weird, but somehow, I think City still has a shot at winning the BPL. With 18 points to earn they are 12 points behind. So I have no idea why and how I think like that...

Well, it would fit in with their last two title narratives, getting written off in April only to go on an insane run while the leaders choke everything away.

Probably true. Still, 12 points are such a big amount.

EDIT I: Well, it´s even 15 pts for City. That Leicester-season is really something, would have never thought to experience something like this. All the Non-Manchester-teams will probably shed tear after tear after tear if LFC really goes all the way. Especially those used to having to wait eternities for titles. Question is if Tottenham can stay within reach at least.

Schalke-BVB starting up in a couple of minutes. Schalke really needs this to save the season. Dortmund has already secured second place and the big second leg against Liverpool around the corner, basically sending in a few of their second stringers. Wonder if this blows up in Tuchel´s face if it goes awry. Fans of both clubs take this match very seriously. 

EDIT II: Game is quite uneventful. One good opportunity for each team. A few "almost" kind of chances. Schalke scraching and clawing to get into the game, Dortmund looking more mature without outclassing the opponent.

Edited by ReiseReise
Leicesterfication of BPL & Halftime at Schalke
  • Like 1

That´s what I get for being raised as an equal-opportunity-guy...just came back from the kitchen to see I have missed three goals and see Schalke receiving a penalty. Game woke up, apparently.

Game finishes 2-2. Dortmund looked more likely to take the W, but Schalke was the team with the one chance at a lucky punch in stoppage time. The draw means Bayern are now 7 points ahead and basically champion, they are not going to loose out on 7 points (well, 8 would actually be needed since they are way ahead on GD). Dortmund probably hoping for a result-repeat on Thursday, seemed definetly be focusing on EL and German Cup.

Edited by ReiseReise
End of Schalke v BVB
  • Like 1

His developement will be very interesting to watch. Tottenham keeps it at 7 points. Arsenal and City have theorethical shots, games in hand & all. But realistically it's between Leicester and Spurs.

BUNDESLIGA: Matchday 29 basically sealed Bayern's 4th championship in a row. First time this will ever happen in Bundesliga history. Dortmund has secured 2nd place, they can't even loose it theoretically. Like in 2014, they will probably an outstanding amount of points for 2nd place, yet still come in miles behind the champions.

CL and EL spots are open for grabs. Hertha (49), Leverkusen (48), Mainz (45), Gladbach  (45) and Schalke (45) are in contention. Wolfsburg and Ingolstadt both on 39 points will have a hard time catching up.

The danger zone begins at 10th HSV & 11th Köln, both on 34 points. Those two will need a few more points to make sure. Stuttgart (33), Darmstadt (32) and Hoffenheim  (31) follow. 15th, the last safe-spot, is currently held by Augsburg (30) after a win at now 16th Bremen (28). Frankfurt (27) is reeling at 17th after a crushing defeat at home against Hoffenheim. Still bottom of the table is Hannover (18), who surprised Hertha and managed a 2-2 away draw. They would still need a miracle to at least make 16th within the 5 remaining games. Like the last six years, the real drama is reserved for the lower part of the table.

• Like 2