DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2016 ANIMATED GIFS

RIPPA

Oh, if only.

(Not that I'm actually wishing injury on anyone, mind you.  I just never want to see the League of Nations again.)

Me and my buddy were talking about it and we think they'd be better as comedy heels.  Turn them into an actual WWE relief group.  So, there can be a skit with Dean and Roman, the LoN comes rushing in and say they've tested the water and there are too many microbes in it and pass them clean water.  They can mediate this issue between Shane and Vince instead of Shane having to fight Undertaker in a cage.  Stuff like that.

I guess Mutoh regrets doing his typical squiggly shit while he was up for that brainbuster, damn.

I occasionally wonder why more guys don't squirm around when they're up in the air for moves like that - to at least give the impression they're trying to escape - and then I see a gif like that and remember "Oh, yeah.  That's why."

I kind of feel bad for Doug Williams now. That Chaos Theory Suplex was about all he had left in terms of things unique to him (for a long time he was unique in terms of being the only solid pro on the UK scene; Not any more), and he's never hit it that well in his life.

• Like 1

nozhx7f.gif

Is he wearing tin foil for knee pads?

I think that's duct tape.

Yeah, I watched that match a couple weeks ago on DVD.  It's duct tape.  I think tin foil with boxer shorts was in style the previous year. 

Teddy started the match wearing pants.  Bryan ripped them off of him (though the commentary kinda gives you the idea Teddy might have taken them off himself because he's crazy).   I never thought about guys wearing knee pads beneath pants before, but it makes sense since a few guys do the same thing with knee braces (HBK) 

That gif cuts out too soon.  The match had a nice ending.  Teddy managed to wiggle out of the cattle mutilation, roll it into an armbar, and Bryan submitted.  Too bad 30 seconds earlier Teddy was selling that his arm might be dislocated to the point he could hardly roll over for a pin attempt or climb the turnbuckle one-armed.  Soon as he got to the top of the turnbuckle, he miraculously stopped selling the arm (for the SSP that starts the gif).  Oh, and he did his trademark "flips off the turnbuckle after the match" thing.

MLW had a great roster.  Shame they couldn't decide if they wanted to be a precursor to ROH or an ECW revival. Also they were just a bit ahead of their time booking guys like Bryan and Samoa Joe before they became names.