DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2016 PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Y'all motherfuckers need some Kojak

I wish they would put it on Netflix.

Speaking of Telly, I found this one night and it's the mid 70's in a nutshell. I wish Anntenna TV could get ahold of these one off specials like they did with The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.

• Like 2

When I was a mere teen, I went to a restaurant in the big city and was sat next to Telly Savalas and his extended family. They were all ugly and had facial moles.

Saying Steve Austin popularized the bald head might be my new favorite wrestling bubble statement

When I said 'that look' I meant the shaved head and goatee, no one seemed to have that combo then boom it became the dafacto look for balding men #nobubble

Saying Steve Austin popularized the bald head might be my new favorite wrestling bubble statement

When I said 'that look' I meant the shaved head and goatee, no one seemed to have that combo then boom it became the dafacto look for balding men #nobubble

Even with this new standard - it isn't true. Even IN wrestling

hqdefault.jpg

You guys realize most bald men aren't trying to popularize a trend, right?  We're just trying to figure out how to make the few hairs we have left look relatively decent.  I'm been getting the short razor cut for 20 years and shaving my own head completely bald for at least ten.  It's only a style choice in he sense nothing else is going to look good for me.  If I let the few hairs I have left grow, it'll look like someone planted a few grass seeds in the desert.

I grew an 'Austin" goatee for awhile.  When I started letting it grow, I wasn't thinking "Hey, I'll look like Austin".  I was thinking "I'm bald.  If I stop shaving too, I can watch TV for five more min in the morning."  Also, sadly, I don't look like Austin even with a bald head and goatee.  I looked more like a rejected idea for an Austin Powers villain.  Give me a cat to pet and some sharks wearing lasers  and I'd be set.

I wish they would put it on Netflix.

Speaking of Telly, I found this one night and it's the mid 70's in a nutshell. I wish Anntenna TV could get ahold of these one off specials like they did with The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OBwHX3Z8RQ

Check GET TV on Monday nights if you have it.  They always show at least one random 60s-70s variety show a week.  You haven't lived until you've seen Bing Crosby sing the hits of the 60s with The Supremes and Jose Feliciano (while Bing clearly hadn't looked at the lyrics until that moment.)

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Kojak's on ME-TV tonight, 2 AM Eastern.

And for an even more obscure channel reference, Comet's currently showing ROH.

i have it on good authority that Comet also makes your mouth turn green

• Like 1

If he had the money to get that belt on his body he could have afforded a belt for his god damn pants

Ummm..... (mentally calculates the odds correcting Rippa will get me Johnny Cash'ed).... he's wearing a belt.  One you buy in a store, I mean.

Granted, it's about two inches below his purple underwear, so.....

Guy on the left could be Daniel Bryan in about 15 years (and at least that many tattoos).

• Like 2