DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2016 - WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Apparently Bubba made no bones about the fact that he had cameras all over his house, as well.  I have no idea what the real truth is but, on face value, it seems like Bubba and Hogan were into some funky shit. 

Per Bubba. Who has every reason to lie. 

And of course Hogan was into some funky shit. I don't think you sleep with your best friend's hot wife (with your best friend's knowledge!) without being into, well, some funky shit.  

But, as this lawsuit shows, Hogan clearly wasn't cool with the whole "Let's video it and use it as blackmail and put it on the internet for the world to see" element. 

And, yes, in that respect, he has every right to be pissed off here. It violates his privacy. 

Apparently Bubba made no bones about the fact that he had cameras all over his house, as well.  I have no idea what the real truth is but, on face value, it seems like Bubba and Hogan were into some funky shit. 

Per Bubba. Who has every reason to lie. 

And of course Hogan was into some funky shit. I don't think you sleep with your best friend's hot wife (with your best friend's knowledge!) without being into, well, some funky shit.  

But, as this lawsuit shows, Hogan clearly wasn't cool with the whole "Let's video it and use it as blackmail and put it on the internet for the world to see" element. 

And, yes, in that respect, he has every right to be pissed off here. It violates his privacy. 

Yep, you're right.  I just can't summon the concern to care much about it since there was definitely something weird going on, Hogan is kind of a shit, and the truth is always somewhere in the middle.  I mean this is the guy who told his son that his friend with the caved in head probably did something to deserve it. 

Bless me wrestling fans for I have sinned.

I don't give a shit about Mania....not even one tiny little one.

I HATE NOT GIVING A SHIT ABOUT MANIA!

You're not alone. I don't give a shit either. I'll still watch since I pay the $10 a month, but there's nothing to really be excited about.
  • Like 1

Does Shane McMahon read this board?

If he did, he'd know he has shitty punches. Plus he's never done a missile dropkick.

Do the various Van Terminators not count?

No, I'm talking proper missile dropkicks

001.jpg

Bless me wrestling fans for I have sinned.

I don't give a shit about Mania....not even one tiny little one.

I HATE NOT GIVING A SHIT ABOUT MANIA!

You're not alone. I don't give a shit either. I'll still watch it since I pay the $10 a month, but there's nothing to really be excited about.

I'm there too, but griping won't change anything so oh well.  Yay indie wrestling/NXT/Lucha Underground/etc.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I've watched 2 episodes of Lucha Underground now, and I don't get how it's the ZOMG alternative to WWE.  There's a lot of uninspiring wrestlers (Son of Havoc, Pimpinella (who is fun but an actively terrible bumper, at one he literally walked to the ropes and stepped through and kinda slowly fell off the apron), Chavo Jr.), poor camerawork (The one match in episode 3 they completely missed the finish of because they were focusing on Mascarita chasing a woman around the ring), some terrible indy 'stand still and wait for me to get my shit in' moments, and the dirt-worst commentary.  Seriously, I don't get how people watch or re-watch this show with Matt Striker 1) Making insider comments ("They'll be talking about this in the dirt sheets!" or "Chavo went into business for himself!"); 2) Making bizarre derogatory comments about the Miz ("Pro wrestling has a history of effeminate wrestlers: Gorgeous George, Adrian Street, The Miz") or 3) just being actively terrible ("Sexy Star is a role model to girls everywhere who are being told they can't play with the boys" then 30 seconds later complaining about Chavo doing a move on her; making short jokes about Mascarita Sagrada; etc. etc.).

Like, I get the complaints about Michael Cole: he's clearly Vince's mouthpiece for ideas/terms he wants to get out there, he talks over moments when no commentary would be better, and he seems incapable of human emotion when it's needed the most.  But next to Striker, Cole is 1990s Jim Ross.

• Like 1

Okay - I hate myself for hearing about any of the details of the Hogan trial but...

Yup - Hulk claims that Hulk Hogan The Character has a big dick but Terry Bollea does not

• Like 4

Seeing on Twitter - that the "rumblings" are that Philly is the early contender for Mania in 2018 (ie Mania 34)

5pQonm2.jpg

I missed XV because I was grounded. I'm a man now, damn it!

I was there. You didn't miss much. Basically Rock-Austin I plus a bunch of crap, unless you really like you some Butterbean.

I knew better than to click that video. So, using that video as a precedence, am I to assume that, say, while it may be true of "The Rock," Dwayne Johnson in fact may NOT appreciate "poontang pie" (at least not equal to the level of "The Rock")?

But Terry Bollea still enjoyed steroids and coke, right?

Fuck man, if I was a juror on that shit, I'd have so many questions right now.

Seeing on Twitter - that the "rumblings" are that Philly is the early contender for Mania in 2018 (ie Mania 34)

5pQonm2.jpg

I missed XV because I was grounded. I'm a man now, damn it!

I was there. You didn't miss much. Basically Rock-Austin I plus a bunch of crap, unless you really like you some Butterbean.

Who doesn't like Butterbean?

Triple H is 3 years older than Hogan was in 1996? And he's still portrayed as an ass kicking dominant bad ass? That's fucking ridiculous.

You mean the Hogan they put the belt on in '02, when he was three years older than HHH is now?

Yeah, I can't believe they'd do something like this.

ETA: Also, he still pretty much looks like a bad-ass, so it's not that big of a stretch.