DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2016 - WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Speedball Mike Bailey cancelled off the Evolve shows last weekend due to "transportation problems". Turns out he got caught at the border and is supposedly now banned from the US for 5 years.

So he got hit with the same thing the Super Smash Bros. got. Uno's only recently been able to return.

Can somebody explain to me how difficult it is for Canadian wrestlers to enter the US and work legally? Is it just one of those things where it's pretty much impossible, due to the temporary nature of the employment?  If not, I can't figure out why guys would risk losing 5 years of their careers like that.

Lance Storm also is donating his brain...

...but only if the analysis is done by other wrestlers, since no one else has the right to judge Lance's brain.

...they found damage to one quarter of his brain, but the rest was 3/4 legit.

James

Can somebody explain to me how difficult it is for Canadian wrestlers to enter the US and work legally? Is it just one of those things where it's pretty much impossible, due to the temporary nature of the employment?  If not, I can't figure out why guys would risk losing 5 years of their careers like that.

I posted this link last time the topic came up, when people were talking about Seleziya Sparx in the ROH thread.  It sounds like in order to do it legally, you have to get a separate visa every time, and obtaining a visa could take months (unless you use "premium processing," which gets you a visa in 15 days, but that costs $1225).  So making multiple very short trips in a year, on relatively short notice, would be a real pain.

Michael Elgin relocating from Canada to St. Louis (pre-NJPW) makes a lot more sense now.  It probably wasn't just to shorten his travel time.

While we were away, this happened: http://gawker.com/the-hogan-verdict-1766460791

The article itself is long, but I have to think he's telling the truth because not doing so would lead to a whole other world of problems. If he is telling the truth, I don't think Gawker loses their appeal.

So is it normal to not know what you're being sued for and your own lawyers to not disclose that information to you until after the case? There's so many other questions I have, but most boil down to how could the trial have gone this way?

• Like 1

From the Rolling Stone Teddy Hart piece:  "Twenty years later, Teddy recalls his first pro match with a tiny white Persian named Persephone in his own lap."

Must have been a very awkward match to watch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jrag said:

The New Day will induct the Freebirds.  Um...

That won't be awkward. Nope, not at all. Mark Henry better be positioned on the side of the stage, cracking his knuckles when it seems like Michael Hayes is veering into racist territory.