DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2016 - WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

So apparently on the Raw after Mania, the Divas title is being re-renamed the Womens Title again, with a new belt.

Wow, that's pretty cool. I've been saying that's needed to change forever, but I thought they were locked in with Total Divas being a thing. Hopefully they'll drop the term diva altogether.

• Like 2

As someone pointed out - renaming the belt would be a perfect "This is Shane McMahon's new RAW" type thing

Of course - if they are doing a brand split - they are going to end up with two belts again

16 hours ago, El Dragon said:

So apparently on the Raw after Mania, the Divas title is being re-renamed the Womens Title again, with a new belt.

When WWE decided to have one Tag Team Championship and one Women’s Championship, I hoped WWE would keep the oldest ones active: the WWE World Tag Team Championship and WWE Women’s Championship. Sadly these two were stopped for the newer ones: WWE Tag Team Championship and WWE Divas Championship. WWE made a mistake ending the ones with the most history and prestige.

Glad to hear the Divas belt is to be renamed and reintroduced with a new belt. I like the "secondary" titles to have a white strap like the WWE Intercontinental and NJPW Intercontinental Championships.

RE: Brand split.

I always liked the idea of a brand split and liked much of it when they were doing it, even though I felt like they only got it about 60% right at best. Having said that, with the roster being what it is and Raw being 3 hours I have no earthly idea how you pull that off in the current construction of the two shows.

I didn't see anything of Kris Travis, but was super impressed with how he not only beat cancer, but was getting in pretty good shape.  Don't know what happened here, but damn that really sucks.

3 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Kris Travis has passed away, bit shocked as I thought he'd beaten his cancer. At one point he was one of the most promising UK wrestlers on the scene - great physique and look. RIP

Found out from a friend on Facebook this morning. Awful news. Fucking cancer.