DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2016 - WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

9 hours ago, Casey said:

Joe Lanza on Twitter (and I guess he works for FS magazine) is saying that something big is about to break in regards to a personal story about a talent.

Someone who makes their living from Wrestling is going to lose respect when it comes out. So it's not someone who's out of the business like Russo, and it's not somebody who nobody respects, like Dixie. But saying "there's a scandal but I'm not saying what it is" is unethical, because it just invites speculation... it's only a matter of time (and it's probably happened already) before people are saying "I bet Lawler got caught up in another 'She said she was 18' situation", or thinking JBL is secretly a liberal and his right wing persona was just a gimmick that got out of hand or something.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fallacy! said:

So in that Ric Flair-Charlotte interview, they mentioned that tickets were still available for the MSG show later that night. That can't be a good sign that they still hadn't sold out MSG the morning of the show. 

MSG looked pretty full to me - the seats behind the entrance were open and there were a few scattered open seats, but the regular areas were full up to the top.  I don't think it was a sellout, but it looked to be a damn good crowd.  LOTS of kids.

I wonder if this "major story" is related to the Snuka murder. His trial is supposed to be starting any day now so the timing makes sense. I'm sure there's been a lot of sniffing around from different attorneys and investigators and whatnot. Maybe something was dug up regarding that.

Just now, Fallacy! said:

I wonder if this "major story" is related to the Snuka murder. His trial is supposed to be starting any day now so the timing makes sense. I'm sure there's been a lot of sniffing around from different attorneys and investigators and whatnot. Maybe something was dug up regarding that.

Wouldn't anything that Vince McMahon had done in the Snuka murder, short of something that's borderline impossible like "Vince McMahon was the real killer of Nancy Argentino" (the only thing that'd really fit this alleged claim) be LONG past the statute of limitations- so enough to be egg on Vince's face, but nothing he could be punished for?

Would any of us really be "let down" if we learned Vince really was complicit in the alleged Snuka murder?  I've always thought it was a realistic possibility that Vince at least coached Snuka, or used the McMahon name to get the investigation dropped quickly.

The major news ALLEGEDLY is about Brandon Stroud from Uproxx being a creep toward female talent from Inspire Pro Wrestling here in Austin. One version has him sending out unsolicited photos, another has him stealing nude photos from a wrestling talents phone.

Either way, the MAJOR tag is only a thing for people like Lanza and other online non-wrestler wrestling personalities. Not a big deal unless you're super involved in With Leather dealings or just love or hate Stroud.

Related: Where the FUCK is the Hogan incest story coming from?? Reddit people were seemingly convinced that this was the deal, what the hell???

36 minutes ago, Hoarr said:

The major news ALLEGEDLY is about Brandon Stroud from Uproxx being a creep toward female talent from Inspire Pro Wrestling here in Austin. One version has him sending out unsolicited photos, another has him stealing nude photos from a wrestling talents phone.

Either way, the MAJOR tag is only a thing for people like Lanza and other online non-wrestler wrestling personalities. Not a big deal unless you're super involved in With Leather dealings or just love or hate Stroud.

Related: Where the FUCK is the Hogan incest story coming from?? Reddit people were seemingly convinced that this was the deal, what the hell???

Should I have any clue who Brandon Stroud is?  Or what Uprroxx is?  I could google him, I suppose, but I have a feeling I'm not going to care enough to make that worth the effort.