DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2016 - WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Unbelievably classy. I couldn't watch it though, sick kids really mess me up bad.

Same thing here. I worked in a morgue for years,but my only two rules were I didn't work on anyone I knew or anyone under the age of 10. Just got to me too much if I had to do either.

Oddly seems like I am one of the few that grew up in the 80s who doesn't give a shit about Sting. Last time I liked him he was tagging with Steiner in Mid South/UWF.

I'll say it's Cena's STF. In maybe one match it looked painful.

Yeah the receipt in the Raw match with Seth destroying his nose, which begs the question, is Cena that careful of a worker to not apply the hold correctly in fear of popping off someones head? I don't get it, hell even Austin has pleaded with him to tighten that shit up and he didn't.
The most common answer I've seen about Cena's STF is that they're concerned about children using it while playing, so the looser it looks the less likely they would be to cinch it in and hurt each other.

But the same people don't have a worry about kids mimicking Brock and dropping each other on there heads via German suplex.

I used to like to re-create the Hogan eliminating the Brain Busters spot from the '89 Royal Rumble, and clothesline myself off my bed.

I also DDT'd my cousin in my grandmother's house. That was the end of wrestling in the house.

I told you it felt wonky

Do remember, this is the same WWE that claim that they also own the lineage to the NWA World title because they had a big gold belt. Title history and lineage wibble wobble like timey wimey does for a Time Lord.

Jesus, did I just type that?

Yes, you did.

And anyway the NWA aren't exactly blameless in the revisionist history department.  Abraham Lincoln, anyone?

Oh I agree. No question there. The NWA claiming that their title was the same title that Frank Gotch held is a stretch too. Thesz unified the NWA title with a title sort of tied to the belt Gotch held, but, hey, that's gospel in wrestling.

I'm more mad at TNA than Seth Rollins. Sting had a good ten years left in him and he wasted all of that down there. Yeah, I can't fault him for taking the easy money for having to do nothing and he did have a few good matches when he didn't feel phone it in. But man if he came to the WWE even in say 2008 there could have been so many great matches including that Taker match and hell even one with Michaels.

Sting in the WWE earlier in the 2000's will be the greatest of what if's.

This is the biggest thing, I think.  Spinal stenosis doesn't happen because of one bump.  He was likely already headed in that direction before going to TNA, but that was another 10 years or so of bumps on someone that worked a ton in some hard-ass Southern rings.

No no no.

That would be Sgt. Slaughter's Noogie of Death.

The Stump Puller also comes to mind.  

As does the Steiner Recliner - I mean, Scott didn't even look like he was trying to create *fake* pressure...

Oh man I could only imagine how horrified people that worry about that would be if they saw me and my friends as kids

Dustin Rhodes bulldog headlocks everywhere son

Nobody gave a shit.  We were so lucky the Total Elimination and shit like that wasn't around yet.

Same here.  Dudes I grew up with would fucking lock in the Camel Clutch on me.  

That said, my Cobra Clutch was no joke either, and I may have nailed a DDT (on grass) or two back then as well.

Oh man I could only imagine how horrified people that worry about that would be if they saw me and my friends as kids

Dustin Rhodes bulldog headlocks everywhere son

Nobody gave a shit. We were so lucky the Total Elimination and shit like that wasn't around yet.

Same here. Dudes I grew up with would fucking lock in the Camel Clutch on me.

That said, my Cobra Clutch was no joke either, and I may have nailed a DDT (on grass) or two back then as well.

I got locked in the camel clutch once. I manuvered my way out of it; no fucking reaching the couch rope break needed for me. I was a house of fire as a kid.

If we were outside and you went beyond the trees, that was a count-out.

• Like 2

In 7th grade or so I put my friend's brother in a headscissors lock for a while when we were having a wrestling tournament in the living room.  He started choking really bad immediately afterwards and I thought I had seriously hurt him or something.

As far as wrestling as an adult goes, getting drunk and doing wrestling moves on eachother on one of those bigass trampolines is a lot of fun.  But if you hit your buddy with a superfly splash he might barf.