DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2016 - WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I hope two lessons were learned here with WWE not doing Taker/Sting while they could have:

- Wait too long to do a money match and it might not happen. See Austin/Goldberg, Austin/Hogan, Tsuruta/Fujinami, Misawa/Mutoh, Kobashi/Mutoh and now Sting/Taker.

- Politics/Grudges come and go, money can last forever.

I told you it felt wonky

Do remember, this is the same WWE that claim that they also own the lineage to the NWA World title because they had a big gold belt. Title history and lineage wibble wobble like timey wimey does for a Time Lord.

Jesus, did I just type that?

• Like 1

I'm more mad at TNA than Seth Rollins. Sting had a good ten years left in him and he wasted all of that down there. Yeah, I can't fault him for taking the easy money for having to do nothing and he did have a few good matches when he didn't feel phone it in. But man if he came to the WWE even in say 2008 there could have been so many great matches including that Taker match and hell even one with Michaels.

Sting in the WWE earlier in the 2000's will be the greatest of what if's.

• Like 1

I hope two lessons were learned here with WWE not doing Taker/Sting while they could have:

- Wait too long to do a money match and it might not happen. See Austin/Goldberg, Austin/Hogan, Tsuruta/Fujinami, Misawa/Mutoh, Kobashi/Mutoh and now Sting/Taker.

- Politics/Grudges come and go, money can last forever.

That's fair, but I would argue that money can't last forever.

I told you it felt wonky

Do remember, this is the same WWE that claim that they also own the lineage to the NWA World title because they had a big gold belt. Title history and lineage wibble wobble like timey wimey does for a Time Lord.

Jesus, did I just type that?

Yes, you did.

And anyway the NWA aren't exactly blameless in the revisionist history department.  Abraham Lincoln, anyone?

Just watched that Cena/Sting Tag Match. Is the TNA/WWE scorpion deathlock the worst submission move ever?

Can't be worse than The Rock's version of the sharpshooter. That might be the worst submission I've ever seen. 

Some of Jericho's WOJs in WWE have looked really bad too. And Miz's figure four.

On a consistent basis, it has to be Rock's sharpshooter, though. Don't know who thought it was a good idea for him to keep doing that.

I'll say it's Cena's STF. In maybe one match it looked painful.

Yeah the receipt in the Raw match with Seth destroying his nose, which begs the question, is Cena that careful of a worker to not apply the hold correctly in fear of popping off someones head? I don't get it, hell even Austin has pleaded with him to tighten that shit up and he didn't. 

I'm not gonna bore everyone with it again but there's a thread on here where I went crazy with ideas for Sting between 2003 and today. It almost hurts to think about.

As for his TNA matches, I'd have to really think about it, but I really liked the one where he beat Jarrett for the title. Bound For Glory 05 or 06 I believe.

• Like 1

I'll say it's Cena's STF. In maybe one match it looked painful.

Yeah the receipt in the Raw match with Seth destroying his nose, which begs the question, is Cena that careful of a worker to not apply the hold correctly in fear of popping off someones head? I don't get it, hell even Austin has pleaded with him to tighten that shit up and he didn't.
The most common answer I've seen about Cena's STF is that they're concerned about children using it while playing, so the looser it looks the less likely they would be to cinch it in and hurt each other.

Oh man I could only imagine how horrified people that worry about that would be if they saw me and my friends as kids

Dustin Rhodes bulldog headlocks everywhere son

Nobody gave a shit.  We were so lucky the Total Elimination and shit like that wasn't around yet.

• Like 5