DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2016 - WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

If it happened in-ring, it happened sometime between his No DQ match with Ambrose on 3/7, the next night's Smackdown taping during the 8 man tag or the 3/11 Montreal house show against Lesnar in a warm up match for the Roadblock event. I use those dates because Meltzer said it happened during the last week, so the street fights with Kane at the house shows leading up to Raw wouldn't be the cause.

Oh, and Bray was probably going to be in the ARMBAR like everyone expected. Phantom Lord has the right idea, it's going to be Braun Strowman winning the thing so we "don't forget about the Wyatts" with Bray out.

Who is the bigger wasted opportunity of the Wyatt's, Bray or Luke Harper? I kind of feel bad for people that aren't familiar with his work as Brodie Lee and haven't seen what he can really do. Vince loves his big men and he's got one on the level of Bigelow, Boss Man, and the Barbarian; but instead he wants to push the next Ted Arcidi.

At Mania, you goofballs. What was he doing at Mania?

Watching Wrestlemania from the Injured Superstars suite.

It's like someone can't even get wrestling news anymore:

I still say that he cuts a better promo than half of the roster. 

• Like 2

Who is the bigger wasted opportunity of the Wyatt's, Bray or Luke Harper? I kind of feel bad for people that aren't familiar with his work as Brodie Lee and haven't seen what he can really do. Vince loves his big men and he's got one on the level of Bigelow, Boss Man, and the Barbarian; but instead he wants to push the next Ted Arcidi.

The problem was that when they split the Wyatt Family up- Harper wasn't even particularly good as a singles act. He had  an IC title reign and a good match with Ziggler, but that was it. Heck, Erick Rowan's singles run had more promise than Harper's did.

Harper being seen as this potential mega-star, even though when he tried he was nothing special, is one of the more blatant "muh...muh INDIES!"  moves out there. 

Taker found a bookie that put 30-1 odds against Shane, bet big, and is going to allow the Fingerpoke of Doom and retire with even more millions?

Nah.

Finally, the debut of Joey Numbers!

Shane is currently 2/1 best price with UK bookmakers, and Taker 4/7. Which basically means 70 on Taker gets you 110, and 40 on Shane gets you 120 - so there's free money right now. I think 2/1 on Shane is pretty good though, considering the brand split rumours.

I can only assume this is Braun's endgame.

• Like 2

What did Vince do with Bam Bam or Bossman that makes you think Harper is getting any higher up the card?

Why oh why Harper didn't change his look when he left the Wyatts is a mystery to me. Even if they ended up putting him back (as they did) he could revert back to the vest and jeans look as it fits in with the cult vibe

I like Bray Wyatt but Luke Harper's definitely the best from the Wyatt Family and deserves better in the WWE which can be said for other wrestlers.

What did Vince do with Bam Bam or Bossman that makes you think Harper is getting any higher up the card?

If Harper has a run similar to Bam Bam or the Bossman, where he's prominently featured for years and gets slid into ME programs from time to time, I'd be fine with that.

At Mania, you goofballs. What was he doing at Mania?

Watching Wrestlemania from the Injured Superstars suite.

It's like someone can't even get wrestling news anymore:

I still say that he cuts a better promo than half of the roster. 

He's unscripted. It's just his personality turned up to 10.

• Like 1

What was Wyatt even doing?

Since no one answered directly

Yeah - they were all moved to the Andre Battle Royal

Last I heard Dave mention it - either Bray or Strowman were suppose to be the one who won it.

To tie up the last two topics, the battle royal should end with all 3 Wyatts in the ring as "co winners" no decision announced, Bray at ringside cuts one of his promos about eating the world, then Sting comes out and dumps them all with the aid of his bat (no one touches him of course) and has a little moment. I generally try to stay away from fantasy booking but it really bums me out that the poor guy didn't even get one WWE win. Not that losing to the World Champ in a ppv main event is a horrible way to go out, but I just love Sting man. I'm thinking about going to Connecticut to meet him in Saturday at some Indy show