DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2016 - WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

That was a great read. Reading that about Duggan reminded me when he turned heel in WCW and joined Team Canada because it was obvious to old fans Duggan could be an outstanding bad guy. Yeah yeah, WCW was too far along for them to give a shit about a lower carder, but you know still it would have been a nice little career resurgence thing for him at the end.

Was this before Duggan and Borne started hating each other in real life? There was one of those 'Pro Wrestling match turns into actual fight!' things with the two of them a few years ago. Don't bother watching it, nothing happens.

That was a great read. Reading that about Duggan reminded me when he turned heel in WCW and joined Team Canada because it was obvious to old fans Duggan could be an outstanding bad guy. Yeah yeah, WCW was too far along for them to give a shit about a lower carder, but you know still it would have been a nice little career resurgence thing for him at the end.

Breann and I had been chatting on Facebook while she was watching and taking notes when suddenly the message "OH SHIT! THE GORILLA IS HACKSAW DUGGAN!" popped up. I laughed very long and very hard at her reaction.

James

This counts for next year's March Madness right?

I honestly might run a poll based on solely on social media presence and backstage skits

If you do that, please do not make it Owens' joy of blocking people on Twitter versus Becky's puns in round one.

That's at least semi-final material fun.

Oh but would in ring, non-match, promos and shenanigans count?

my Mania predictions:

HHH/Reigns- Reigns wins

Ambrose/Brock- Dean's year is next year, Lesnar wins

Undertaker/Shane- I have no idea what happens here? Undertaker wins I guess after Shawn Michaels interference

Stardust/Miz/Steen/Zayne/Neville/???-  Sami gets the belt here

AJ Styles/Jericho- AJ gets a big babyface win

Ryback/ Kalisto- match not officially announced. If it happens Ryback wins when Sin Cara turns on Kalisto

Boss/Becky/Charlotte- Sasha gets the belt after she turns on Becky

League/ New Day- New day had a real good year, they are my pick

Battle Royal: Luke Harper turns on Bray and wins. 4 members is one too many for the Wyatts.

Please post your own predictions If you feel like it.

So. I made a thing.

shootfightersalmanac.tumblr.com

I mostly just did this for my own collection, but I figured some other people might like to read it. It's a collection of WO news regarding UWFI/UWF/RINGS and the beginnings of Pancrase and UFC.

I have Q4 1993 up right now. October 1993 took three fucking posts.

Based on Raw thus far, my prediction is I may not even bother with WM, or smoke so much pot I don't remember watching WM.

I think you smoked too much and double clicked "add reply".

I blame my cell phone for that; no smoking today. I like to save it for special occasions like WM.