DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2016 - WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

WWE UK ‏@WWEUK 8h8 hours ago

BREAKING: @WWE will return to @TheO2 Arena London on September 7th for a special, one-night only event.

Which is certainly making this seem like it would be a Network special (Sept 7th is a Wed)

Ya'll must be crazy if you think Vince is going to abandon his baby AGAIN after last year's mania, we got a year, the iron has cooled yes, but Vince is unrelenting and will not relinquish. That's not counting out the Ambrose factor though, Reigns could still win the belt and Ambrose could be in the match, because honestly, 90 thousand folks shitting on his main event is a scary prospect. 

Random brain fart but Lesnar/Nakamura would rule the world. 

• Like 1

I caved and got a ticket for Roadblock. You never know when I'll be able to chant "How you doin'?" AND see Lesnar destroy someone in person again. Plus the Ambrose/HHH match has an odd meta build that could end up in a great moment (but likely won't). Well worth $80.

Good lord. Ur Fight has booked Kurt Angle vs. Rey Rey, along with Sonnen/Bisping, Roy Jones Jr. vs. some random dude in a boxing match, and Dan Severn vs. TANK ABBOTT. This might belong on the MMA board but looking at that card makes me wonder if Inoki and Bellator got together and made a new promotion.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/3/8/11177856/roy-jones-jr-opponent-announced-ur-fight-sonnen-bisping-tank-abbott-dan-severn

Good lord. Ur Fight has booked Kurt Angle vs. Rey Rey, along with Sonnen/Bisping, Roy Jones Jr. vs. some random dude in a boxing match, and Dan Severn vs. TANK ABBOTT. This might belong on the MMA board but looking at that card makes me wonder if Inoki and Bellator got together and made a new promotion.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/3/8/11177856/roy-jones-jr-opponent-announced-ur-fight-sonnen-bisping-tank-abbott-dan-severn

yeah, i don't know what board that belongs on. also, i'm not sure if i'm interested in watching it. i mean, i'll watch it, but i really don't know why. i honestly just hope i have nothing else going on whatever day this card happens. it is potentially the most mark-tacular wrestling slash mma card in US history.

Originally it was supposed to be Ken Shamrock vs. Severn, but I guess he's still on medical suspension from the Bellator "fight" with Gracie. I assume they are using a wrestling ring for this show, right? It would be amusing though to see Kurt and Rey do a full pro wrestling match in a round cage.