DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2016 - WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

They're not getting Okada any time soon...why not give Rollins the Rainmaker and actually protect it?

Because a short clothesline is not getting over in the US as a finisher.

Nor should it have anywhere else.

Japan likes their Lariat's. All you need is a commentator screaming LLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOO on anyone's clothesline and it's pretty much over.

• Like 1

They're not getting Okada any time soon...why not give Rollins the Rainmaker and actually protect it?

Because a short clothesline is not getting over in the US as a finisher.

Nor should it have anywhere else.

If it wins enough matches it will be over. This mentality is why things like the Overdrive and Play Of The Day never go away. 

In a world where a weak fireman's carry slam is the finisher for the top star in WWE, 

I find this critique hilarious. There is no reason a slam like the FU from a guy as big as Cena would not knock someone out for at least three seconds. There is nothing weak about it. Besides a generation conditioned to spins and flips on every slam. 

One of the BIG things Wade has been missing is a really fitting, worthy finisher. Sadly the current Bullhammer just doesn't come off as a significant finish, at least not to me. At the very least, tease a loaded forearm pad...

I had no issue with Wasteland.

Well did he show up in the bedroom and tear his shirt off?  After orgasm, when you thought it was over, did he Hulk Up and start fucking again?

See this is why I felt it was Hulk Hogan. It was her night and he made it about himself. WrestleMania VI all over again.

• Like 1

Well did he show up in the bedroom and tear his shirt off?  After orgasm, when you thought it was over, did he Hulk Up and start fucking again?

See this is why I felt it was Hulk Hogan. It was her night and he made it about himself. WrestleMania VI all over again.

Yeah, it's bad form when fucking your best friend's wife to not put her over. 

• Like 1

Well did he show up in the bedroom and tear his shirt off? After orgasm, when you thought it was over, did he Hulk Up and start fucking again?

See this is why I felt it was Hulk Hogan. It was her night and he made it about himself. WrestleMania VI all over again.

Yeah, it's bad form when fucking your best friend's wife to not put her over.

That's why it's the Ultimate Challenge.

• Like 2

I couldn't sleep last night, so I went back and started to re-read the Hulk Hogan dumpster fire thread. I read up to about page 20. I still didn't fall asleep and just tossed and turned until I woke up @ 7:15, but at least I got a lot of laughs again. That thread is gold.

• Like 2

Vince will love Dodgeball if someone gets him the bluray. I got it in the cheap bin at Best buy. The best stuff is always in there.

On the plus side could finally get a great fitness heel gimmick if he sees White Goodman...but he probably wouldn't believe someone that short could be that successful.