DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2016 - WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Really surprised that Vince hasn't constructed a stadium of his own, yet. The WWE Dome has had to have crossed his mind.

After the restaurant, the bodybuilding promotion and the football league Vince is probably on a pretty short leash when ut comes to big investments

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I've heard of these kind of situations before, where the announcers are positioned ringside during taped segments that will be redubbed later solely for the appearance that they are there live, but haven't actually seen anything leaked out before. It's fascinating to hear Kevin Kelly and Jim Cornette basically doing a poor man's MST3K on this battle royale.

Including The Big Event, Toronto has the most 65k+ events in WWE history, if I'm not mistaken . We need another lol.

Wembley has a roof now. Record Attendance 90k+. Summerslam 92 was 23 and a half years ago. You Ontarians are just greedy.

I've heard of these kind of situations before, where the announcers are positioned ringside during taped segments that will be redubbed later solely for the appearance that they are there live, but haven't actually seen anything leaked out before. It's fascinating to hear Kevin Kelly and Jim Cornette basically doing a poor man's MST3K on this battle royale.

I absolutely love this stuff too, thanks for posting this. Loved Cole's reaction to Rock. And of course, because I'm a cynical bastard, my other thought is, wow, there certainly are a lot of guys in today's WWE roster who would KILL for that Oddities pop.

Really surprised that Vince hasn't constructed a stadium of his own, yet. The WWE Dome has had to have crossed his mind.

After the restaurant, the bodybuilding promotion and the football league Vince is probably on a pretty short leash when ut comes to big investments

Don't forget political campaigns. 

You know where 'Mania should be held at? Freedom Hall Civic Center in Johnson City. Huge numbers; fuck that 93,000 bullshit, the Tri-Cities is where it's at. That would be enough to convince Vince to run Summerslam st the Cocke County Civic Auditorium, I'd think.

• Like 2

Does anyone know anything about the Red Bulls stadium??

From what I've heard, when one of the supporters clubs did the Ice Bucket Challenge in the stadium, the team's front office was paranoid about the ice water getting on the field because of how strict they are about field maintenance. Even though the place would be well-suited for a PPV, you'll never see it there.
  • Like 1

Changing gears a bit:

How hasn't Shane Helms been sued yet? He still uses The Hurricane name and entrance music on the indy scene, including on shows where the TNA World Heavyweight and X-Division Championship are defended. 

Maybe he owns the gimmick?

Will UFC 196 out draw Mania in terms of ppv buys?

Yes because 196 is estimated to have 900K in buys

Mania last year only had 259,000 traditional buys (since it was the first year you could get it on the Network)

But even if you go with the 2014 number - that Mania did 690,000 buys

So yes - yes it will