DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2016 - WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Lighter month in indie rasslin for my area:

-Saturday 3/5: Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Fenton, MO
-Saturday 3/12: Mid-Missouri Wrestling Alliance in St. Louis, MO
-Saturday 3/19: World League Wrestling in Troy, MO
-Saturday 3/26: Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Wood River, IL; Southern Illinois Championship Wrestling in East Carondelet, IL

Random old memory:  My cousin and I once called in to Radio WWF when Jim Cornette was on there and I asked (with Johnny Polo in the studio) if Cornette would get the Heavenly Bodies a Tag Title shot at the Quebecers.  Hilarity ensued as Vince and Stan Lane tried to stir the pot from there.

Scott HallVerified account

‏@SCOTTHALLNWO
My pick for winner of the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at WM is @TitusONeilWWE

Titus O'Neil ‏@TitusONeilWWE  16m16 minutes ago

Titus O'Neil Retweeted Scott Hall
Nah...Put that pick towards someone who will be there @SCOTTHALLNWO thanks for the thought tho
  • Like 2

Random thought but there have been a few feuds and angles that have either started b/c of wrestlers spilling coffee on each other or have featured wrestlers throwing coffee on each other. Jericho/Kane, Giant/Nash, Mongo/Bulldog, Flair/Giant are ones that immediately come to mind.

• Like 1

Random thought but there have been a few feuds and angles that have either started b/c of wrestlers spilling coffee on each other or have featured wrestlers throwing coffee on each other. Jericho/Kane, Giant/Nash, Mongo/Bulldog, Flair/Giant are ones that immediately come to mind.

I believe Eddy/Bischoff did an angle based on bischoff throwing/spilling on eddy backstage at nitro.

Oh yeah dude and he throws it on himself, I remember that. I remember wondering if it was a set up and he was joining the NWO. It's a testament to how good he really was in that even though I was a kid and I liked the heels, he was enough of one to where I didn't want him in the NWO. Even though he was supposed to I guess be a neutral good guy since it was work shoot bullshit

If a tree falls in the woods, and there's nobody around to see or hear it, wouldn't it be funny if it landed on Vince Russo?

• Like 5

Fuck this stupid question game.

Anyway, Punk as commentator was awesome. I remember feeling bummed when there was talk about him potentially needing to retire because of his injuries. The Manson shirt, the Colt shirt, etc. were all great. Then the next thing you know, he's feuding with Cena and leading the super shitty Nexus en route to the "pipe bomb" moment.

Regarding the Nexus, did anyone else ever catch that when he comes out for his entrance at Money in the Bank it says "Nexus Leader" or something like that next to his name? I just caught that last week and I never remembered it before. I could swear the Nexus was done by that point.

• Like 2