DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015/16 - Period 3

Dolfan in NYC

Also who says Miller will even accept a move off the west coast? Wasn't that his whole stink in the first place, wanting to get to the west coast to be closer to home? Why would he go to Winnipeg now? Dude will just retire and sit on his money if it comes to that.

10 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Flyers announced Ed Snider died, age 83.

Possibly the single greatest owner in NHL history. What he did in building the Flyers from scratch to one of the league's flagship teams and strongest markets was amazing. The one thing that I truely respected about him is that he valued winning over everything. He was willing to do anything to win and money was no object. The people of the Deleware Valley were blessed to have him, RIP.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Also who says Miller will even accept a move off the west coast? Wasn't that his whole stink in the first place, wanting to get to the west coast to be closer to home? Why would he go to Winnipeg now? Dude will just retire and sit on his money if it comes to that.

If he wasn't shot I'd want him to come home for his last few seasons. But he is so it won't and shouldn't happen.

7 hours ago, Oyaji said:

So are like 25 other goalies, but he's better than Pavelec and his sub .910 SV%!

So, how sure are we that Las Vegas is actually getting a team? Who the fuck has an odd numbered league? Any updates on the Canes to Kaybeck since Karmanos "promised" the team wouldn't be moving to Canada?

Pretty much guaranteed.  They have to work out the details of the expansion draft and where the new team will draft in their first year.  They will not be in the lottery but they will be somewhere after the third pick.

This is why you don't just rubber stamp stuff and figure stuff out later.  You get everything in order before you get the approval so the owners know what will be happening.  

There is also the issue surrounding how to handle Quebec City due to the FX rate which has played havoc with the salary cap.  The league has seen no benefit from that massive new Canadian TV deal.  

MLB was off kilter for years with 16-14 and 15-15.  It is not a big deal.  There will be some scheduling changes coming where teams are now going to get a bye week during the season to rest and recoup.

6 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I love that there's also this totally weird rumor still floating around about the Raiders moving to Las Vegas, as if they'd suddenly go from nothing but minor league baseball to that.

Rumors are great.

Davis actually met with Las Vegas officials.  UNLV is looking to build a new football stadium in the shadows of the strip and airport.  The Raiders are looking for a new home.  You know how egos go; the guy who brings in the first pro team is the top dog and other dogs want on that pedestal.  The former owners of The Palms and Sacramento Kings are behind the Las Vegas NHL bid and Sheldon Adelson is trying to lure the Raiders.

5 hours ago, sabremike said:

Possibly the single greatest owner in NHL history. What he did in building the Flyers from scratch to one of the league's flagship teams and strongest markets was amazing. The one thing that I truely respected about him is that he valued winning over everything. He was willing to do anything to win and money was no object. The people of the Deleware Valley were blessed to have him, RIP.

Snider and Illitch would be the two biggies by my view.  Detroit was barely a hockey team when Illitch bought them

• Like 1