DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015/16 - Period 3

Dolfan in NYC

Mr Sloppy Seconds tries to nail Sam Reinhardt in the head with an elbow, missed and got his ass kicked by BoGo for his troubles. Also Neill kneed Eichel in the ribs when he was down and tried to pick a fight with him. Fuck the Sens.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 11:53 AM, Dewar said:

Toby Enstrom going for knee surgery. For the final five games, the Winnipeg Jets might be the entire Manitoba Moose squad.

And today Tyler Myers had knee surgery, which he will rehab long enough to have hip surgery. Defensive lineup tonight: Buff, Trouba, and the first four guys they find in the stands over six foot one.

3 minutes ago, Dewar said:

And today Tyler Myers had knee surgery, which he will rehab long enough to have hip surgery. Defensive lineup tonight: Buff, Trouba, and the first four guys they find in the stands over six foot one.

Maybe Edmonton will lend them Adam Pardy?

Funny story from Bobby Nystrom: in the mid 80's the Isles were going through a funk at practice and Arbour tells them " Just go out and do what you guys do best". So Jean Potvin goes behind the bench and opens and closes the door repeatedly. When Arbor asked him what the hell he was doing he replied "I'm doing what I do best!".

What the hell was that thing Bo Horvat did?

Also, Canucks are only 3 points up (back?) on Toronto for worst record in the league with one more game played. There's hope for Matthews yet! I'll gladly take any of Laine, Matthews, or Puljujarvi!

edit: wtf?! This team loses to the fucking Jets and are now up 2-0 on the Predators in Nashville! You're doing this wrong!

I'm not though! TANK HARD!

There's also been a some talk about moving in them in the summer in the wake of those comments and the realization of just how horrible things are here. If we had a competent management team, it may be an okay idea. Get another team's best prospect + a bunch of picks + a terrible contract or two or three to make it work with the cap. Instead, the Canucks would end up trading away a pick to sweeten the deal, baby. They are great professionals with world class work ethic. That's good for the kids to see. 

Me too. Up 2-0 and now it's 2-2 with about 5 to go. The season in 60 minutes if we lose in regulation. I wouldn't have a fucking clue if I didn't have TheScore app. I think I've watched 5 games in total this year. I want a rebuild proper (a la Torannah), not whatever they had going into this season. Maybe we get lucky and Aquilini has one of his "you missed the playoffs, you're gone" moments. 

The Jets had no business even being in the game after the first 2 periods. Out shot 2:1 and LA had the puck in the offensive zone for at least 2/3rds of the time. The Jets that came out for the 3rd period was a completely different team. Probably one of the best periods they've played all year. Out chanced and out skated the Kings. Apparently the key to beating the Kings is to let your big defenseman blast it from the point. Neither Buff nor Postma's goals looked particularly screened, they just ripped past Quick. Nearly a rink length empty netter from Stafford sealed it.

Pretty much a perfect game to attend. Got to spend 2 periods watching the Kings play a pitch perfect version of their game (they've been my favourite playoff team to watch the last few years) and the Jets still take it in the end.

• Like 1

Not us! We're on a (negative) roll, baby! Keep winning, fellow bottom dwellers! 

Only two points up/back on the Leafs now, too. Columbus has hopped us and we're tied for second last with the Edmonton, as well. I don't know what's up with the scheduling but the Oilers have played 4 more games than the Canucks. They play each other twice during the last week of the season, so those will be huge loser games. The games in hand will likely not mean much as we have a murderer's row with Nashville last night, in St. Louis tonight, Chicago Sunday, followed by a back-to-back with the Sharks (who have seemingly absolutely owned us during the Thornton era outside of that one time in the playoffs), Ducks, and Kings. #1 may be a serious possibility with all of that in mind.

And while I (rightfully) rag on Benning as a GM, he's a pretty good scout. Brock Boeser has scored the most goals for the UND since some guy named Parise and there are a few decent pieces in the pipeline already. We desperately need defensive prospects, but hopefully that doesn't mean we let one of the Finns go by to pick Chychrun or some such nonsense.

Pain? This is what I've wanted for over 3 years. I'd prefer the team to be under the stewardship of a competent general manager, but this is a thing that we've needed pretty much since the team gave up halfway through the post-cup run season.

And, plus, one of my heroes taught me a valuable lesson: