DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015/16 - Period 3

Dolfan in NYC

Dennis Wideman had his suspension reduced to 10 games by an arbitrator. The timing said the hit on the ref was "unintentional". He's already sat out 19 games so he'll get a reimbursement check for 9 games.

The amount of foolery this process has gone through to avoid discussing the concussion is really something. Like, if we actually pretend he wasn't concussed (and I totally buy that he was), literally nothing else about this makes any goddamn sense and you'd be in the clear saying ban him for a year or more.

What a mess.

• Like 1

The amount of foolery this process has gone through to avoid discussing the concussion is really something. Like, if we actually pretend he wasn't concussed (and I totally buy that he was), literally nothing else about this makes any goddamn sense and you'd be in the clear saying ban him for a year or more.

What a mess.

Referee in question, Don Henderson, will miss the rest of the season with a concussion.

jJNoxG3.gif

• Like 2

Malkin out 6-8 weeks. Our odds of getting Isles-rags in the first round just went up.

Also Jack Eichel is awesome. Buzzer beater for the OT win. They also had pizza delivered to the booth and Mayday gave the delivery girl a $2 tip. Stay classy!!!

So, here's the thing with the Blues.

After yesterdays win against the Stars, the Blues are now tied with Dallas for 1st place in the Central, as well for the 2nd most points in the NHL. They have now won 6 in a row, including wins over both Chicago and Dallas. This all happening when the Blues have lost the most man games to injury then any other team in contention. Overall, great season.

But we also seem to cough up late leads in the 3rd like clockwork, play waaaay too safe when they have a lead, ,and are still the Blues, so I expect everything to go wrong come playoff time.

On the OTHER hand, that means we've had the lead late in all those games.

I don't get this team man.

Has there been a better trade in the last 5 years than the Isles sending Nino to the Wild for Clutterbuck? Best Isles trade since acquiring Butch Goering from LA for Billy Harris? Seriously Cal is exactly the type of player who you need to win games.

Going through the Islander trade history is a museum of horrors, though I am pretty partial to Ray Ferraro for Doug Crossman

*shakes fist in anger at eliziim* FUCK ED JOHNSON!!!

I haven't paid a ton of attention to stats this year, but i just looked at the Red Wings point totals.

Thirty-six year old Henrik Zetterberg is leading the team in overall scoring. He has 12 goals.

Pretty sure that's bad.

First half of the season, they scored at a decent pace. Since then, every single guy not named Pavel has gone in the tank.

Time for Nordiques Nation to organise another boycott campaign (for those of you who don't remember one of the key thing that caused the WHA merger to go through was a Canada wide boycott of Molson as they owned the Habs and were blocking the merger).

What I have heard is that they are keeping Quebec in their back pocket in case the Carolina or another teams situation goes bad

I remember back in the Sens expansion there was so much collusion and foolery, based around the rules of what qualified as a NHL goalie. A bunch of teams moved goalies around for "future considerations" to do What's Best For Business and the Sens wound up with just awful goaltending even by expansion standards. I'm sure that's one thing they will want to avoid ever happening again.

The no move clause thing is fascinating because it looks like it might bite a few teams in the ass.

I remember back in the Sens expansion there was so much collusion and foolery, based around the rules of what qualified as a NHL goalie. A bunch of teams moved goalies around for "future considerations" to do What's Best For Business and the Sens wound up with just awful goaltending even by expansion standards. I'm sure that's one thing they will want to avoid ever happening again.

The no move clause thing is fascinating because it looks like it might bite a few teams in the ass.

I will not let you sully the good name of Peter Sidorkewitz! He actually made the All Star team so that was actually their "strength".

What are the odds for long-term stability in Las Vegas for the NHL? I can't see it working but the novelty factor will last longer because of the constant roll-over in out of towners.