DVDVR Message Board

UFC 196: McGregor vs. Diaz (3/5/2016) - Las Vegas, NV (MGM Grand Garden Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

Dave Sholler @Sholler_UFC 5m5 minutes ago

#UFC196 Media Update: we've added a press conference 1pm PT Thursday at Copperfield Theater at MGM. McGregor, Diaz, Holm, Tate. More to come

Dave Sholler @Sholler_UFC 7m7 minutes ago

#UFC196 presser will be available at http://UFC.com  and is free and open to public. Hope to see you there.

Not sure who to root for when I kind of hate both guys with a seething passion so I am rooting for Herb Dean to ref the match. Because fuck both of them.

...So he can ref the fight properly?

That's two or three sets of Embedded's where the only training Conor lets them film is his movement coach stuff, thus creating the impression that that's all the training he does. When it's probably only like 5% of his actual camp.

With it being the Sunday and Monday before the fight (where most of that footage was taken), how much training are you really doing? I think the Thursday or Friday before would be the last hard workout/sparring and then Monday would vary depending on the location of the camp. However, the early part of fight week is travel and starting the weight cut.

For this show at least, it looks like Nate is the only one still doing anything in terms of preparing for his opponent.

• Like 1

True. So in this morning's New Day, the weird stories from the wacky world of sport item was about how some famous gambler who won quarter of a million dollars betting on Holm beating Rousey has put $70,000 on Tate for Saturday. Which is of no real consequence, but I wanted to mention how I was reading the New Day.

I'm kind of pulling for Tate to win just because I think her winning the belt after everything would be highly entertaining.  I just don't have that much faith in her gym (Xtreme Couture) or her cornermen (Bryan Caraway).

I'm kind of pulling for Tate to win just because I think her winning the belt after everything would be highly entertaining.  I just don't have that much faith in her gym (Xtreme Couture) or her cornermen (Bryan Caraway).

TBH, I think Xtreme Couture is a lot better place than they were 2 or 3 years ago. All the people (fighters and coaches) who had no interest being there are no longer there and/or went across the street to Syndicate MMA. It's a lot more stable under Robert Follis. They might not have a fifth of the UFC roster training there like seven years ago, but they are fairing no worse than any other half decent camp in the UFC.

TBH, I think Xtreme Couture is a lot better place than they were 2 or 3 years ago. All the people (fighters and coaches) who had no interest being there are no longer there and/or went across the street to Syndicate MMA. It's a lot more stable under Robert Follis. They might not have a fifth of the UFC roster training there like seven years ago, but they are fairing no worse than any other half decent camp in the UFC.

Compare that to Jackson/Winkeljohn and folks like that in her corner, while Tate will have...Bryan "Coast" Caraway.

Compare that to Jackson/Winkeljohn and folks like that in her corner, while Tate will have...Bryan "Coast" Caraway.

Jackson and Winkeljohn have taken their fair share of losses just like everyone else. Plus, Follis is her chief second and has about as good of a track record as a lot of other top trainers. There is a reason why it's no longer somebody like Ray Sefo there cornering people.