DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] WELCOME TO MARCH MADNESS 2016 - ULTIMATE SURVIVAL

RIPPA

So I threw this together. It is the total votes each matchup has gotten through Round 2 - Day 2

Infer whatever you will (spoilers are for size and formatting sucks because Excel doesn't play nice with the board)

Match Votes

Dolph/Sami 137

Rollins/Emma 131

Omega/Corbin 123

Jericho/PJr 115

Cena/Sombra 109

Neville/Becky 109

Breeze/Nak 108

Jun/Cesaro 108

Gargano/Breeze 105

Star/Reigns 104

Fenix/KO 104

Asuka/Casas 100

Hech/Brock 98

Miz/Ishii 98

Rey Jr/Drago 98

Strong/Hech 97

Ibushi/Revival 97

Bailey/AJ 96

Asuka/Kush 96

Sheamus/Lee 94

Castle/Shibata 93

SamiC/Okada 93

Rave/Fenix 91

Kodaka/Miz 91

Kong/Biff 90

AA/Sekimoto 88

Ciampa/Ec3 88

Biff/Honma 87

Swagger/Ki 87

Wyatt/Cuerno 86

Cimapa/Puma 85

Damo/Star 84

Oka/AA 84

Virus/Sabre 83

Hojo/Hero 83

Elgin/Tana 80

Rush/sydal 79

Rush/Ospreay 78

Maximo/Minoru 78

Hama/Naito 75

Okada/Lee 73

Bailey/Ishi 73

Cave/Shibata 72

Virus/Oreilly 71

Tana/Kama 70

UG/Hideki 70

Hojo/Lee 70

Wow. A lot of people showed up to vote incorrectly on Corbin/Omega. Kind of surprised at that.

I would just point that every match that received a 100 votes or more has something in common

And every match that got 83 votes or less has something in common too

Frankly, anyone who hasn't taken a couple days off of work to watch wrestling for this is just plain lazy and needs to get their priorities straight to start voting in these non-WWE match-ups.

• Like 1

Prediction Leaderboard is updated

My bracket is busted because I totally had no fair in this board to vote for luchadores

That's the story of things so far. We've become a lucha board somewhere along the line.

(also, I'm suddenly in the top 10, just saying)

I am not sure what the main story is, though the Lucha love is right near the top. The other big ones are "Fuck Japan, apparently" since it appears the only wrestlers whose primary time was spent in Japan that are moving on are Nak, Ishii, and Styles (And Styles barely counts), and "GIRL POWER" since every female in the tournament is going to win at least one match, and looks like it will have 6 of the final 32, if not 7 depending on how Thatcher/Lynch goes.

Well the Girl Power is coming from NXT while the Lucha love is coming from Lucha Underground, which are by far the two most popular feds on the board right now so it makes sense.

Well the Girl Power is coming from NXT while the Lucha love is coming from Lucha Underground, which are by far the two most popular feds on the board right now so it makes sense.

Kamaitachi beat Tanahashi. Dragon Lee trounced Okada. Sombra beat Cena. Virus beat Zack Sabre, Jr. Cavernario is doing great. Hechicero beat Roderick Strong in his best year possible. Then he lost to people's drooling love for Brock Lesnar. No shame there. There's no real shame for Negro Casas losing to Asuka either. All of lucha is pretty well represented right now. 

Honestly, this hasn't struck me as a year of particular dominance for lucha, (unless you mean in comparison to completely WWE-dominated years). I think people just have their favorites, and people that are a lot of peoples' favorites (e.g. Asuka) are doing well, even against strong competition.

Also: WHOO! FIRST PLACE BITCHES!

Oh hey I moved into the top ten and am only maybe I do have a chance to finish with the highest score three years running.

Thought the boards sudden Lucha turn messed up my prediction for Sabre Jr making it to the elite 8, I voted Virus but really thought the board would go for a top level indy guy over him for sure.

I am also going to keep Meiko/UG open since with the low vote total - it is possible (but not likely) that folks were waiting to the last minute.

The vote is close enough that an increase to the normal # of votes will make a difference

I don't have much else to help UG's case with there. He had a very strong indy showing with the Traumas but it's a month or so before the voting period started. I'm glad that people saw and enjoyed the Escorpion match though.

I am going to probably close the Day Four polls tonight as the "closest" match right now is a 12 vote difference and this way I can prep the next round and not worry about this over the weekend.

So - if you haven't voted yet - you should probably do it today because even if I don't close them tonight - they are getting closed by like 6 am tomorrow morning