DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY (Series 2) - TIGER CONWAY JR

RIPPA

I mean I guess you could throw in some Sr too but good luck finding footage

Hey its that Gordy/Todd Champion team Dean fell in love with a few weeks ago

About a hour and 15 minutes - right after the awkward women self defense segment

This is what I wrote about the Conway vs Valentine 2/3 falls match:

Conway Jr vs Valentine was some pretty great stuff too. The first fall was back and forth with a lot of Valentine stalling and stooging and a king of the mountain that was full of brutal Valentine shots. There was one slow bit of pedestrian arm control from Conway but in general, it was all enjoyable. It ended with Valentine starting on the leg and the second fall was really good stuff. I wasn't sure what to expect from Conway here but he sold the leg really well, and there was a unique sense of struggle for him to come back that I really haven't seen in too many other matches. It was just paced differently. Instead of hope spots and comebacks, there was this constant flow of him trying to fight back through the pain while Valentine more or less maintained control. Greg was so good here at closing the distance between them and controlling the situation. He also had some really good and varied stuff with the leg. I loved how he just stood on it, for instance. They got pretty heated at times too. I'm curious to see what other people think about it. I liked it a lot. Valentine was made for a 2/3 falls structure and it's a shame we don't have more of those sorts of matches from him.

I miss the spear headbutt finisher from the second rope.  Your eyes do not deceive you.  I do believe that is actually Mr. Pogo wrestling in the states.

Is Abdullah the smaller big man in this match?  Tenta looks ENORMOUS.

WHERE IS THE REST OF THIS MATCH~!

I watched this match as a kid at my aunt's house in Charlotte, NC.  Adelpha Cable's line up beat the shit out of Comcast back then.

I lost my shit at the finish.

• Like 1