DVDVR Message Board

All-Purpose Food Thread

Kyle Casey

So I see that the Food Sub-folder hasn't been resurrected, and considering that nobody's made any food related posts I guess that's understandable. But I figure we should have something where we can share recipes and whatnot, so here we go.

I'll start with a question I just thought of a few minutes ago. Let's say I have something I want to smoke and then fry, like chicken wings or something. I don't really have the means to do real smoking right now, so I was wondering if I could just add a bit of liquid smoke to the fry oil to accomplish the same thing?

Can you not smoke in your oven? Soak a bunch of woodchips and put them in a roasting pan, place a broiler sheet over top with your meat and make a tent out of tin foil and seal it shut as best you can. Bake at 250 F for 5 hours. 

Can you not smoke in your oven? Soak a bunch of woodchips and put them in a roasting pan, place a broiler sheet over top with your meat and make a tent out of tin foil and seal it shut as best you can. Bake at 250 F for 5 hours. 

Technically I could, but I don't think the wife would be too keen on that. Plus, it was more of a hypothetical question anyway. Like, CAN it be done, you know?

I'll start with a question I just thought of a few minutes ago. Let's say I have something I want to smoke and then fry, like chicken wings or something. I don't really have the means to do real smoking right now, so I was wondering if I could just add a bit of liquid smoke to the fry oil to accomplish the same thing?

Adding a water-based product to hot oil doesn't sound like a good idea....

• Like 1

I bought some Chicken and Waffles flavored Lay's at the store today.  Do not buy these.

Second'd. Thought they were disgusting. I thought the Sriacha flavor was the best but wasn't blown away by any of the three flavors.

I bought some Chicken and Waffles flavored Lay's at the store today.  Do not buy these.

Second'd. Thought they were disgusting. I thought the Sriacha flavor was the best but wasn't blown away by any of the three flavors.

Yeah I hated them, my wife hated them, took them to my parents house because my Dad is one of those "he'll eat anything" types and even he didn't like them.

Adding a water-based product to hot oil doesn't sound like a good idea....

Yeah, I hadn't thought of that, actually...:P

How has nobody mention Pretzel bun movement? How did this happen? 

Because people realized pretzel rolls are delicious.

Haven't tried the Wendys one because I get the same shit every time on the rare occasions I go to Wendys, but the Sheetz pretzel melts are heaven.

Haven't tried the Wendys one because I get the same shit every time on the rare occasions I go to Wendys, but the Sheetz pretzel melts are heaven.

It was alright, nothing I'd go back for. It tasted good enough, but it was really greasy. Dunkin Donuts has pretzel roll sandwiches too now.

I had no idea that Sheetz was a restaurant, so I was assuming this was one of those terrible energy strips flavored like a pretzel, which is pretty much the worst thing I can imagine.

I made some really killer pulled pork in the crockpot this week.  Rubbed the roast with paprika, brown sugar, mustard powder, salt, and pepper, threw that shit in the crockpot with some vinegar, water, and more brown sugar and cooked it all day.  Incredibly tender and flavorful.  Since you can regularly get pork roast for under $2/lb this is going into the regular rotation.

My son's favorite thing in the world is the Sheetz Mac & Cheese for some reason so every time we head through PA on the way home from NY - we stop there lunch. Joe speaks the truth about their pretzel melts.

And Kyle speaks the true about Wendy's Pretzel Bacon Cheeseburger. It's insanely greasy. The first one I got I thought it was just poorly cooked and someone was sloopy. But the next three I got were the same.

God I am going to die before 40

• Like 1

Sheetz pretzel melts are heaven.

You sir have earned a quotable and a cosign.  Pretzel Bun Black Forest Ham Sandwiches are my premier Road Trip food

I get the club with Swiss and boom boom sauce typically. So good.

What the fuck is boom boom sauce?

Sheetz pretzel melts are heaven.

You sir have earned a quotable and a cosign.  Pretzel Bun Black Forest Ham Sandwiches are my premier Road Trip food

I get the club with Swiss and boom boom sauce typically. So good.

What the fuck is boom boom sauce?

According to Urban Dictionary:

1) A delicious sauce used in restaurants, often made with green chilies, jalapeños, and other peppers, though the ingredients may vary.2) Semen.