DVDVR Message Board

NHL Offseason Part 2

Death From Above

But they could bring Detroit another cup. And Datsyuk could fall back into the second line role he's better suited for.

Although I don't know if Eastern Orthodoxy differentiates between twins and homosexuals. They were together in the womb, same thing really. Maybe Pavsy won't be up for this after all. HMMMM.

Surely they should bring Vancouver another cup first!

Oh right... "another".

It won't matter now. You get the feeling the Luongo/Vancouver media feud is permanent. If they lose Luongo will take more heat if they win someone will write about how the team "overcame the distraction". Though he seems pretty comfortable with that when he's retweeting headlines calling him a princess.

So the Oilers have re-signed Linus Omark because apparently what the team needs is another show pony that can't hit or play defense and isn't good enough to be a top two line player in the NHL.

I seriously can't express how backwards I think this signing is. Worrying signs.

So the Oilers have re-signed Linus Omark because apparently what the team needs is another show pony that can't hit or play defense and isn't good enough to be a top two line player in the NHL.

I seriously can't express how backwards I think this signing is. Worrying signs.

Isn't this just basically done as a courtesy to Omark?  Play well and you can make the team, not good enough and we'll expose you to waivers and maybe someone else will give you a chance.  It's basically Omark's last shot at the NHL, most likely.

That Crawford contract is a bit ridiculous. 

First Bowman move I have hated, and shocked he gave that contract to a non-star goalie. Got to hope that the cap keeps going up to prevent that contract from being a huge albatross.