DVDVR Message Board

NHL Offseason Part 2

Death From Above

There really aren't that many teams left that are good, need a second line centre, and have the cap space.  Grabovski's best move would to pull a Semin, sign a one year deal somewhere he knows he'll get playing time and wait for the cap to go back up next year.

So is Pavel Datsyuk.

What are they supposed to say? Anyone expecting something other than that or Ovechkin's "no comment" is a fool. Would it be nice if they stood up to this stupid shit and publicly said this law is stupid shit? Of course it would, it would be wonderful but it's not realistic. I'd be pleasantly surprised if any notable Russian athlete who is participating at the Sochi Olympics said boo about this ridiculous law.

Besides...

Posted Image

Sochi is going to be a PR mess for the NHL. Not nearly as bad if it was a summer games with the NBA, but the hockey is the big pro sport there and the NHL is going to have to play the social cowardice "well we're just athletes don't ask us about important things herp a derp" card because otherwise you'll have a North America vs. Russia line being drawn in a really uncomfortable way. I just don't see any way around that, and at some point it seems guaranteed there will be some incident with some bonehead reporter.

This is obviously a really small problem in the big picture, of course. I don't want to imply this is, like, actually important compared the bigger issue.

But they could bring Detroit another cup. And Datsyuk could fall back into the second line role he's better suited for.

Although I don't know if Eastern Orthodoxy differentiates between twins and homosexuals. They were together in the womb, same thing really. Maybe Pavsy won't be up for this after all. HMMMM.