DVDVR Message Board

Raw is McMahonaMania 2-22-16

MGFanJay

The first hour was incredibly newsworthy with Shane's return, Shane's bright red shoes, the announcement of Shane vs. Taker at WM - presumably until Cena gets cleared, and an amazing Heyman promo setting up Brock vs. Dean at WM. They've got a chance to cement Dean as a top-level guy, and with Roman's push clearly not clicking, it would be a good idea to at least be able to slip Dean into that spot seamlessly. Match-wise, the show wasn't much. New Day six man tag was fun, Fastlane six man tag wasn't, but at least had Ryback turning for some reason. I did love him he's going to break the glass ceiling - finally, a push for a 300 pound musclebound man in WWE! And then, after 15 minutes of HHH being put over as the greatest of all-time - he came out and kicked Roman's ass from pillar to post, bloodied him up, got cheered for it, pedigreed him on the steps and crotch chopped him to a wild ovation. This was quite the spectacle, and one that will be looked back on years from now as something that further killed Roman.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/02/wwe-raw-2-22-16.html

Screens - 

Shane hasn't let money go to his shoes

a3af2f466941885.jpg

Well, this can sure be repurprosed for several things.
e34d35466948605.jpg 

WWE - fighters of racial injustice
70baa9466949140.jpg

222e79466949142.jpg 

fc3814466958805.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/tiaz6fvv3fvh6m3g84psd4dpdy8scoj5

• Like 1

There is a lot to discuss here so let's get to it lol.   Ok, so judging by the other thread NOBODY here wants to see Shane McMahon v. Undertaker but the huge reaction from the live crowd and people who don't follow wrestling anymore texting me and shit says it all.  This company has done nothing in 15 YEARS to recapture the magic of the Attitude Era and like it or not Shane McMahon was a huge part of it.  I guess Shane might take some crazy bumps, I guess that's what people want. 

I am 50% on whether Shane actually wrestles. I'm thinking Cena might take his place. 

Now that beat down to end the show.  Awesome beat down. Blood EVERYWHERE.  Crowd was super into it too.  But is that how the crowd should be reacting to the new top face of the company?  I don't know about that lol

Also, Dean v. Lesnar is going to be insane. 

LOL The fans chanted "One more time" after the pedigree on the steel steps.

I was always a fan of Shane's, and probably would've been happy if he cut a worked shoot promo taking the fans' side about how terrible the company is...but instead he went easy, then agreed to wrestle a match, then no-sold facing Taker in HIAC at Mania.

Why is The Undertaker wasting one of his last, if not the last, match(es) in something which Andrew Martin was more than capable of doing 16 years ago? Why is he likely set-up as the heel in his  home state? The massive plot hole about the guy blackmailing another guy is put in a corner is just another thing.

Babyface hero Triple H is fantastic though. Fuck it.

• Like 1

When it comes to screwing up Roman's megaface push...on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst...where does "THE FANS WOULD RATHER CHEER FOR TRIPLE H THAN HIM" fall?

Why shouldn't they want to cheer HHH? He's the champ, he runs the company, and he gives them NXT. People like winners.

Given how Taker has looked in his past few outings and how out of practice Shane no doubt is, a gimmicky clusterfuck is the best thing to do with either of them.  All that nonwithstanding, everything about this match comes off like something that wouldn't be seen outside a video game.  Shane is obviously going to win, which means one of Taker's last Mania matches will be one of his few loses in what amounts to be a glorified authority angle.  It also begs the question of why, from a kayfabe standpoint, would Taker agree to do Vince's bidding?  Granted he just kind of appears around Mania time then goes away, but since when is he a heel in what amounts to a stooge for the authority?

All in on Brock/Ambrose.

Were they chanting "Gillberg" at Ryback?  I really hope they aren't going to have him go over in the WM Battle Royale, but then again it hasn't exactly meant a lot to the careers of the past two winners.

I now want nothing more than Triple H going over at Wrestlemania.

So to sum up, the Undertaker is supposed to be the heel at Wrestlemania...which is in Texas, and the guy they've been trying to build up as John Cena 2.0 looks like an idiot again and gets his ass handed to him thoroughly all because he's hurt and creative can't find a more creative way to take him off TV.

The road to Wrestlemania is a fun one this year.

I joked Vince was going to say he gives this to Stephanie because the one he loved abandoned him. It's an interesting dynamic because you can tell Vince loves Shane more and he settled for Stephanie as an heir. I mean I get it, my mother settled for me when my sisters ditched her. 

Shane got the pop he did because he disappeared for six years is it? I did expect something when Vince invoked his dad in the angle. Vince loved his dad too much to do such a thing lightly. I remember him crying accepting a memorial award from MSG for his dad in 84. 

Of course then they botched it by trying to have Undertaker be a heel. That is not going to work, people will not accept it. Now with another promotion they could do a build of Taker refusing. He could point out he is not wasting a match on Shane. Then you try to force him for weeks. 

I was hoping Shane would use this quote from Twins. 

Vincent Benedict: But instead of just one perfect kid, Mom had the two of us.

[smiling]

Vincent Benedict: Way to go, Mom.

Mitchell Traven: Wrong. The embryo did split in two, but it didn't split equally. All the purity and strength went into Julius. All the crap that was left over went into what you see in the mirror every morning.

• Like 1

I now want nothing more than Triple H going over at Wrestlemania.

So to sum up, the Undertaker is supposed to be the heel at Wrestlemania...which is in Texas,

It's kind of worse than that.  He's not even just a heel like Bikertaker.  He's a big dumb monster corporate crony that does what Vince commands...which makes less sense than almost anything in a long line of senseless things tonight.

There is a lot to discuss here so let's get to it lol.   Ok, so judging by the other thread NOBODY here wants to see Shane McMahon v. Undertaker but the huge reaction from the live crowd and people who don't follow wrestling anymore texting me and shit says it all.  

This is what happened with me. A couple of lapsed fans texted and messaged me on Facebook, saying "WTF? Shane O Mac!". So yea, they got the reaction they wanted. Whether the match actually comes off or not, is another question. 

Roman as the top babyface is dead in the water. The only way to salvage Roman is putting The Shield back together.

Shane is going to take some crazy bumps, possibly getting thrown off the top of the cell. This is better than Taker squashing somebody that could have used the rub.

I'm looking foward to Brock/Ambrose. That should be fun.