DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY (Series 2) - R-TRUTH (Ron Killings)

RIPPA

IT IS BLACK HISTORY WEEK AGAIN!

I will care about this more than the WWE does (especially this year)

God - I like Truth so much when he isn't doing the actual wrestling...

http://youtu.be/cCRi4r_ndXc

http://youtu.be/A6U0Y2qhox4

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3fhlvj_the-rock-john-cena-vs-the-mizz-r-truth-full-match_fun

Cena/Rock vs. Awesome Truth

My homie, Chris Annon, used to work the Carolina Indies with his brother.   They worked a match with Killings and Chris Hamrick in a match in Charlotte. 

They loved working with Hamrick.   They thought Ron was a great guy and loved him because he sold well and rarely gassed out, but his insistence that he worked every spot he knew into a match was infuriating.

From the looks of most Ron Killings matches, that has not changed much.

vs Jeff Jarrett vs Raven vs AJ Styles vs CHris Harris

w/BG James and Konnan vs Jeff Jarrett

w/Erik Watts, Pat Kenney and Johnny B Badd vs The Naturals, Kid Kash and Dallas

vs Raven

w/BG James and Konnan vs Team Canada

I will say, I never saw someone rise so fast from total jobber to main eventer as Killings did in the early days of TNA. He went from "that skinny black guy who had the shitty tag team with Road Dogg" to The Man in literally less than two months; and absolutely nobody in that building felt like he didn't deserve the world championship once he'd won it. He was still disliked because he was whiny heel, but he was one of those oddly respected whiny heels about whom even the marks would say "well, he CAN wrestle". Of course, TNA being TNA, they managed to quickly fuck up his unique character and squander all the momentum they'd built with him; but still, it was an astonishing ride while it lasted.

I don't even remember the context behind this, but it's still cooler than it has any right to be. As far as the door thing goes, where was Big Mark when you need him?

Triple H fired them for some reason so they disrupted the main event of the PPV.  Then the entire company was scared of R-Truth and The, haha, Miz.  Beth Phoenix was all, "But Hunter we're girls." and then CM Punk was all, "Can I wear your blazer?" and then John Cena picked the The Rock to be his partner cause he was the only man who could help him defeat R-Truth and The, bawahaha, Miz even though Cena would defeat them both by himself a week before the actual PPV match.  Then the people chanted for Zach Ryder while The Rock was trying to give them a heartfelt speech.  Those were good times alright.

Then Truth stopped hating Lil' Jimmy for no reason.

Truth is still the only black NWA champion isn't he? I was thinking TNA must have had another black champion, but I'm drawing a blank. 

Bobby Lashley, two-time TNA World Heavyweight Champion.

Truth is still the only black NWA champion isn't he? I was thinking TNA must have had another black champion, but I'm drawing a blank. 

Bobby Lashley, two-time TNA World Heavyweight Champion.

Vic was talking when the NWA title was linked through TNA

Lashley was champ after the NWA affiliation