DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane II

Dolfan in NYC

And, I'll try to couch some of that by also saying that the latest round of Twitter backlash, the #cancelWWENetwork garbage that popped up last night, is pretty dumb. I, and some others here, have gone down that path and challenged our cruel god. Know what happened?

We gave the WWE and WWE Network even more attention, their subscriber base increased, and we re-joined the Network the next time they did a free month, which is seemingly every quarter.

He *was* a can't miss thing back 2 years ago when in the Shield and right when they split.

Then a series of questionable decisions and a bit of fan backlash fucked everything all up.

• Like 2

He's not can't miss anymore because of how much they've fucked up his push. I can't recall someone else Vince and creative has been behind as much as Reigns, but booked them as poorly. It's really strange. There is a template for turning folks like Reigns into millions of dollars and it's booking them like Steve Austin or Brock Lesnar. Instead of cutting shitty promos, looking like a dope, etc., he should have ended so many Raws by just beating ass ala Steve Austin. Or you go the Brock Lesnar route and give Reigns the god push and actually book him like a monster.

Instead they've wavered between trying to make him Daniel Bryan or John Cena.

He *was* a can't miss thing back 2 years ago when in the Shield and right when they split.

They a series of questionable decisions and a bit of fan backlash fucked everything all up.

Or this.

Then a series of questionable decisions and a bit of fan backlash fucked everything all up.

He's not can't miss anymore because of how much they've fucked up his push. I can't recall someone else Vince and creative has been behind as much as Reigns, but booked them as poorly. It's really strange. There is a template for turning folks like Reigns into millions of dollars and it's booking them like Steve Austin or Brock Lesnar. Instead of cutting shitty promos, looking like a dope, etc., he should have ended so many Raws by just beating ass ala Steve Austin. Or you go the Brock Lesnar route and give Reigns the god push and actually book him like a monster.

Instead they've wavered between trying to make him Daniel Bryan or John Cena.

Roman%2BReigns%2Bbelieve%2Bthat.gif

• Like 1

Ignoring ones on personal feelings towards Bray Wyatt - the fact that they are totally blowing off the stuff from the Rumble basically means that they are having Brock be a total idiot and being cool with getting his ass beat by 4 guys.

Which really doesn't help the case for those who are trying to argue that Brock isn't in JAG territory right now.

Ignoring ones on personal feelings towards Bray Wyatt - the fact that they are totally blowing off the stuff from the Rumble basically means that they are having Brock be a total idiot and being cool with getting his ass beat by 4 guys.

Which really doesn't help the case for those who are trying to argue that Brock isn't in JAG territory right now.

I forgot to make that point.

I'm skipping ahead from page 3 to get this out there. 

Rollins/HHH would be about 10 times the program Roman/HHH is.  As in, it actually makes sense.  Cocky heel protege wants to be the man, sells out to win title, is treated like a glorified lackey for months, turns face and wins title the right way.  That's a WM story.

The idea that the authority doesn't want Roman on top is so contrived because everyone knows the exact opposite is true.  

It's clear that some people think the Roman hate is all booking and, it mostly is, but it's also that he still isn't that good.  It's amazing how some of you are overrating him.  He's put in more positions to succeed in the ring than anyone else on the roster and the results are still meh.  He can put together a decent to good match with pretty much everyone in the main event scene, but he can't call a damn audible to save his life.  Why are you shaking the ring ropes and doing feed off the crowd spots when the crowd is completely shitting on you?  

Also, he isn't physically charismatic in the way you need to be if you can't talk.  It all seems so contrived.

• Like 4

Shit, I didn't even think about that.

Although, to be fair, when Brock was actually eliminated, he already seemed to be cool with 4 bums beating his ass. I mean, this is a guy who, the night after losing the title to Rollins, tried to kill damn near everyone. He tried to kill Undertaker twice.

The Wyatt Family embarrasses him? 100% chill.

I think everybody's glossing over the biggest miss from last night's show.  That New Day/E&C segment was terrible because it made no sense.  I think they tried to turn New Day three times in that segment.  Would have been great to have Enzo and Cass clean house on New Day but they also missed out on a home run. (for me)  And that would have been Woods responding to the challenge of Kenny Omega/Young Bucks.  Who cares if Cleveland would have let out a collective "HUH?"  Couldn't have been worse than what they came up with.

I think everybody's glossing over the biggest miss from last night's show.  That New Day/E&C segment was terrible because it made no sense.  I think they tried to turn New Day three times in that segment.  Would have been great to have Enzo and Cass clean house on New Day but they also missed out on a home run. (for me)  And that would have been Woods responding to the challenge of Kenny Omega/Young Bucks.  Who cares if Cleveland would have let out a collective "HUH?"  Couldn't have been worse than what they came up with.

That segment was so perplexing. I first thought "Wait, are they trying to turn the League of Nations face? Why?".

It didn't dawn on me until the very end that it was an attempt to turn the New Day face.

• Like 1

RE: Undertaker's opponent is somebody not on the current roster

Would The Rock be considered somebody on the current roster? Wouldn't be a GOOD match, perse, but the spectacle would be something to behold, I think. Just let them kick/punch/brawl for 10 minutes then a finisher sequence and a Tombstone to The Rock to end it. Nothing too crazy for both guys to handle, and having The Rock vs. Undertaker would be a heck of a big match feel for Mania.

One could argue that Brock just doesn't give a shit about the existance of the Wyatt's and that they're below his notice right now.  And once he finishes with all things World Title and teaching Ambrose a lesson, he'll circle back and give the Wyatt's their quarterly destruction at the hands of an uppercarder. 

If you wanted to turn New Day face, just have a backstage skit where they're supposed to team with Sheamus. New Day does their antics, and have Sheamus say "what's wrong with you people?"

"What do you mean, 'you people'?"

Then Big E literally murders Sheamus.

Then back to New Day antics.

RE: Undertaker's opponent is somebody not on the current roster

Would The Rock be considered somebody on the current roster? Wouldn't be a GOOD match, perse, but the spectacle would be something to behold, I think. Just let them kick/punch/brawl for 10 minutes then a finisher sequence and a Tombstone to The Rock to end it. Nothing too crazy for both guys to handle, and having The Rock vs. Undertaker would be a heck of a big match feel for Mania.

I hope not going on the single matches they've had past. Undertaker and Rock's had better chemistry/single matches with others.

If you wanted to turn New Day face, just have a backstage skit where they're supposed to team with Sheamus. New Day does their antics, and have Sheamus say "what's wrong with you people?"

"What do you mean, 'you people'?"

Then Big E literally murders Sheamus.

Then back to New Day antics.

Well it'd be almost appropriate seeing as how the booking has gone full retard.

If it's a literal murder, Big E will be in prison for twenty-to-life, so I'd hope that wouldn't happen. 

Now a figurative murder? That I could get behind. 

One could argue that Brock just doesn't give a shit about the existance of the Wyatt's and that they're below his notice right now. And once he finishes with all things World Title and teaching Ambrose a lesson, he'll circle back and give the Wyatt's their quarterly destruction at the hands of an uppercarder.

That sounds about right. At this point I'm not sure anyone would believe that even Brock vs. all four Wyatt's in a handicapped match would be anything but a squash. The Wyatt Family is just dead in the water.

Guys

Guys

GUYS

It's OK that the Wyatts lost! THEY'RE THE BAD GUYS! They're supposed to LOSE! At least, that's what some sunshine pumpers want to claim any time anyone challenges the fact that the Wyatts are dead in the water.

If ONLY there was an example of heels that didn't lose and that got over even more because they were so dominant... If only...

"Sunshine ... pumpers?" That's fucking gorgeous!

As a St. Louisan, I feel odd about echoing my appreciation for that term but I'll do it anyway.

(Hey, after last year's NLDS, I would have been cool with the Cubs going all the way.  Code Of Honor, you were the better team and all that.)

I'm skipping ahead from page 3 to get this out there. 

Rollins/HHH would be about 10 times the program Roman/HHH is.  As in, it actually makes sense.  Cocky heel protege wants to be the man, sells out to win title, is treated like a glorified lackey for months, turns face and wins title the right way.  That's a WM story.

The idea that the authority doesn't want Roman on top is so contrived because everyone knows the exact opposite is true.  

It's clear that some people think the Roman hate is all booking and, it mostly is, but it's also that he still isn't that good.  It's amazing how some of you are overrating him.  He's put in more positions to succeed in the ring than anyone else on the roster and the results are still meh.  He can put together a decent to good match with pretty much everyone in the main event scene, but he can't call a damn audible to save his life.  Why are you shaking the ring ropes and doing feed off the crowd spots when the crowd is completely shitting on you?  

Also, he isn't physically charismatic in the way you need to be if you can't talk.  It all seems so contrived.

But Roman/HHH have to finish the story they're telling, bro! It's suuuuch an important story that they need to finish it, even though the fans are going to reverse the roles come WrestleMania and make the "story" not make a lick of fuckin' sense. It's essentially going to be the heel challenger who's "held down" beating the face boss who's also the champion. It doesn't make any sense, and they should have aborted this story last night and went with Ambrose/HHH and Reigns/Lesnar. But some people here don't see why Ambrose is so over, and think because he's pretty awful in-ring that it would be a disaster. At the very least, the narrative they want to go with would still be in tact with the Ambrose/HHH match, but y'know, whatever, let's finish a story no one cares about because WWE are gluttons for punishment when it comes to crowd reactions apparently.

• Like 1