DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane II

Dolfan in NYC

If you add up the total number of hours they wasted on Bray Wyatt promos the last two years to have it lead to this...

Right now, the Wyatt's looked destined to be in a multi-team match for the tag titles and the Andre JTTS battle royal. Well done, WWE.

I wonder how long before we hear this, "We know who that is; that's the 'Husky Bear' Ray Byatt!"

Small fix.

The thing about the Wyatts losing is that Bray never SELLS their losses. They lose, maybe don't appear on RAW the next night, then come back the following RAW with the same promos about how he's going to save us and to follow the buzzards and all that. We never see Bray upset at his guys for costing them matches. We never see WHY Bray is their leader. I'd say why not have them come out on RAW tonight and Bray beats the piss out of Rowan and Harper for losing the match. Then maybe that can lead to Bray and Harper having a match at Mania. Not saying split the family again, but treat the match like Bray is trying to teach his family a lesson and show why Bray is the leader of the pack. This also gives the Family something to do at Mania rather than another "spooky" build against a random opponent that won't mean anything, and should lead to Bray actually winning a WrestleMania match.

So now with HHH/Reigns as the set main event, and with so many guys out with injuries, what other matches can be set up to try to save this year's WrestleMania? Reports are that Taker will have a match against somebody "not on the current roster", whatever that means. Not sure what they have planned there, but the Undertaker match is more of an attraction anyway and doesn't have any real impact on the rest of the roster or ongoing show stories. Here's what I could see the show being based on last night.

HHH/Reigns - WWE Title

Undertaker Match

Ambrose/Brock

AJ/Owens - IC Title

League of Nations/Usos/Dudleys/New Day - Tag Titles

Sasha/Becky/Charlotte - Diva's Title

Wyatt/Harper

Multi-Man Ladder Match for US Title - Kalisto/Neville/Stardust/Axel/Breeze/Swagger

Andre Battle Royal

R-Truth & Goldust / Social Outcasts - Preshow

No idea where Jericho falls on this show, as he's already said he will not be on Mania if it's in the Battle Royal. The Jericho/Ziggler match could be a possibility. If not that, really no idea. I'm sure at some point he was slated for a match with Ambrose, but I'm quite certain those plans have changed and he's now out in the cold this year.

I really liked the Divas tag. Naomi has truly hit her stride and this was also one of Tamina's better performances. Glad that Team BAD still looked strong even in defeat.

I'm usually for giving the Divas more time but felt like Charlotte/Brie just dragged. And Brie doing other wrestler's moves just made me wish it was Nikki in this match and not her. 

Brock/Dean

AJ/Owens

Cena/Taker

Those 3 matches would save WM for me (and presumably a lot more people).

EDIT: Cena/Taker would overshadow a lot of other stuff on the card, if they put it on last and have Trips/Roman as the midway "main" it could save Roman from getting nuclear heat.

That Owens promo was 10 times more entertaining than his match. Super kick party forced epic Dolph Ziggler could disappear forever, and I wouldn't shed a tear. I have to give credit to whoever laid out that diva title match. With a good worker that actually had instincts for pro wrestling in Brie's  spot that would've been a great match.

Brock vs Dean works for me, but it has to be a gimmick match. If they can pull off something close to Brock vs Punk it'll really help Ambrose. Speaking of help Roman is going to need a lot of it between now and Mania.

I'm at the point with the Wyatt's where I actually popped when the faces music hit before Bray picked up a mic. There's nothing he can say at this point that anyone will care about or take seriously.

My interest in WWE is so low right now even the prospect of Undertaker/Cena does nothing for me.  Brock/Dean would interest me more if I wasn't one rebound clothesline away from turning off the tv.

Am I only the only one who thinks "rejected Mortal Kombat character design" when Roman comes in?  They should get the rights to MK and repackage Roman as a younger Shang Tsung.

• Like 1

If I was Jericho and I see myself left in the cold, I'd offer to put over whoever wins the NXT title match the night before. That's a way to ensure he'd have time at Mania, the sort of workrate-heavy match he wants that could steal the show (in his mind), a match that HHH would protect, one that would have stakes and that the crowd would be into.

Brock/Dean

AJ/Owens

Cena/Taker

Those 3 matches would save WM for me (and presumably a lot more people).

EDIT: Cena/Taker would overshadow a lot of other stuff on the card, if they put it on last and have Trips/Roman as the midway "main" it could save Roman from getting nuclear heat.

I'd take that. The Undertaker vs. John Cena at WrestleMania has been the match I've wanted to see for YEARS. I'd have preferred it to have happened when the Streak wasn't ended but I still want to see it.

• Like 1

Cena tweeted this morning about "trying to defy science"

So it's bad enough that he wants to race back for Mania but putting him in with Taker - especially knowing the type of match both would like to do - would be an even WORSE idea

• Like 1

Cena tweeted this morning about "trying to defy science"

So it's bad enough that he wants to race back for Mania but putting him in with Taker - especially knowing the type of match both would like to do - would be an even WORSE idea

It's scary how John Cena comes back from injuries/surgeries the way he does.

Poor Roman Reigns is going to get booed out of the building again at Mania. At this point I just feel bad for the guy. He's pretty much Blue Chipper Rocky Maivia - he might be the right guy, but not now, and not with this character. And it's not his fault that whoever is making the final decision right now has inexplicably decided that the fans are just going to have to learn to love the Blue Chipper Rocky Maivia, dammit.

• Like 1

One additional bit about Charlotte vs. Brie. Brie is unquestionably awful. But when Charlotte hit her, she took those hits. One particular face kick was vile. Meanwhile Charlotte continues to work stiff but flinch when taking offense. She pulled away from every one of Brie's kicks, making them look softer than they already are. And I mean...I don't inherently hate people working softer, but if you're going to hit hard don't wuss out on the return.

• Like 1

I really liked this main even.  AJ/Y2J was good.  The women's stuff is so terrible.  Both matches were horrible.  I hope Owens gets a fresh opponent for Mania.  Right now I'm watching Mania for Brock versus Ambrose.  That could be the career making night for Ambrose, but if the E doesn't want to make him the guy, it will be a tough road for that to happen.  

Guys

Guys

GUYS

It's OK that the Wyatts lost! THEY'RE THE BAD GUYS! They're supposed to LOSE! At least, that's what some sunshine pumpers want to claim any time anyone challenges the fact that the Wyatts are dead in the water.

If ONLY there was an example of heels that didn't lose and that got over even more because they were so dominant... If only...

• Like 2

And, I'll try to couch some of that by also saying that the latest round of Twitter backlash, the #cancelWWENetwork garbage that popped up last night, is pretty dumb. I, and some others here, have gone down that path and challenged our cruel god. Know what happened?

We gave the WWE and WWE Network even more attention, their subscriber base increased, and we re-joined the Network the next time they did a free month, which is seemingly every quarter.