DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane II

Dolfan in NYC

Yup, just like I expected.  Roman wins, crowd dies. That being said, everything up to there was just beautiful.  Dean being completely disrespectful to Brock and getting repeatedly murdered for it was so, so much fun. 

I like how the crowd gave Brie about 5 minutes of sympathy babyface heat, and after she blew her 32nd spot in the match, went back to despising her. 

Jericho just needs to go away now.  Let AJ and Miz talk each other to death and have a fucking awesome match in Dallas. 

Edge making it rain was just beautiful. 

Also, it was nice seeing Ryback injure two of the Wyatts.

The pre-show match was so much better with Mauro. Holy crap was he just amazing here. His commentary was the best of the show, and the best match was easily the main event. AJ vs. Jericho was pretty good, but hurt by Jericho just being too slow to really do an AJ match anymore.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/02/wwe-fastlane-2016.html

Screens - 

"Please God, give me the worst facial hair ever!"
aac05b466742769.jpg 

Body by Vince
ab00c7466744900.jpg 

cb9db4466761470.jpg

5c71de466761472.jpg

1ae7ad466761476.jpg

Naitch really didn't look good tonight.
1f1a05466761308.jpg

Booty Like a Boss!

415fcb466753757.jpg 

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/cvlm92d5spgrr8cujw6p18636a0sf58s

That crowd gives zero fucks about HHH/Reigns.

Perfectly acceptable wrestling that I won't remember three months from now mixed with awful booking. I honestly forgot this was tonight for awhile and missed the pre-show match, which I heard was good, and I went and finished some errands during the Edge and Christian thing, but otherwise, it was a perfectly fine RAW - decent matches and totally heatless. 

I can't recall a time, outside of MAYBE That Bryan stuff, where WWE creative has cared less about fan reaction and what feedback they're getting right now. The Wyatts deserve better, and now two of them have been smoked. AJ Styles was awesome. 

• Like 1

Good show up until 10pm, then it took a fucking HARD nosedive.

New Day circling right back around into minstrel charicatures has driven my interest away from them.  

Main was good, including the finish.  It's a shame the crowd doesn't give a shit.

That shit was real quiet as they went off the air.  I just don't see this as a WM main event at all.  They've missed the boat on Roman and Hunter is a bit of diminishing returns going on. Plus, Hunter will be the babyface lol

These sets too man..  Fuck.  They look so generic, a RAW with slightly different graphics.  I know they have to cut costs but they look SO SHITTY.

There was some stuff I liked about the show. 

I liked the women's tag match, and it will be nice to see AJ move on from Jericho to work with guys that can keep up with him. AJ/KO at WM for IC title? Sure, give me that. The Wyatt's are dead in the water, and fuck Ryback for being so goddamn sloppy. 

That was one of the more grabasstically thrown together PPVs I can remember.  Only 6 matches announced up until days before the show?  Let's throw one of the title matches on the preshow and throw in an angle and match with the JTTS crew out there before the main event!  The tag champs?  Let's stick them in a segment to plug a new network show!  Who cares if it's something we could have done on Raw to set up a tag title match using a few other upper card guys, we've got original programming to plug!

As much as midlife crisis Jericho has worn out his welcome, Styles/Jericho was a perfectly good match.  It was rendered pretty moot by all the 50/50 booking and the pairing having been done to death on all the shows leading up to this evening though.  Owens/Ziggler and Kalisto/Del Rio were hampered even moreso by this and even though both matches were quality (especially Owens/Ziggler), the outcomes meant pretty much squat.

I don't know how or why we can be expected to care about the Wyatts at this point.  Take an act that should have no problem getting over and repeatedly make them look like chumps, this time against three of the biggest pieces of dead weight on the roster featuring two guys who are due for retirement and another who has consistently sucked and shown a propensity for hurting people.

The women's matches were ok.  I'm glad Brie didn't win and there was nothing really especially bad or great about either match.

The main event was a thing.  I don't think it was particularly good or bad and even though I don't really want Reigns in the world title scene, I'm not terribly upset about the outcome.  We're probably going to get Ambrose/Brock at mania out of this and I'm more interested in that than Brock taking on HHH or Reigns.

When the Wyatts lost the 6 man match I didn't care much because it would be all worth when he costs Brock the title.   That not happening in the main event while it made the main event much better makes the 6 man so damn confusing.  Now I assume Brock vs Bray is still happening because why the fuck would you have Brock vs Luke Harper on a Network special.  Well besides it being a better match than the actual WM match

I just hope Triple H learned his lesson from the last time he booked himself in the main event of Wrestlemania (Houston against Orton).  I am guessing the match before the main isn't going to be that special

Have no idea the purpose of the New Day/Edge & Christian segment 

So after tonight's PPV we have still just one match determined for their biggest WM ever and that was already determined about 2 months ago to most people

Thank god for NXT Takeover and the 2 or 3 EVOLVE shows I am planning for the weekend.  

By the way announcing that Nakamura was officially signed to the WWE about 5 minutes after the PPV can't be a fucking concidence

I find it pretty amazing that the NXT Dallas card is what it is and the Wrestlemania card is what it is. How does Vince allow that to happen?

Proud papa HHH is going to get one massive face pop the night after Takeover Dallas from the same fans in the audience who saw him acting like a face on what might be the show of the year. He must know this. This might be his best hatchet job on another talent yet!

• Like 2