DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

I missed the T-Dot/Cavs game. But I love the highlights. Kyle Lowry is on the short list of my favorite guys to watch in the NBA. He's my favorite type of player -- he thinks he's as good as LeBron/Steph/KD/Russ, but he's a little bit behind what they do regularly. But he believes himself to be at that level (and disrespected for accurately not described at those rare heights) he somehow approaches them. Lillard's of the same cloth. I love those guys so much.

I also love how Lowry had to figure this all out by himself. He went from being a headcase who couldn't get out of his own way by fighting with coaches to becoming a really friggin' great NBA player.

He doesn't get a ton of attention in Philly. It's a shame because he's a hometown kid and he really carries himself like he's from Philly more than anyone in recent memory.

Am I remembering the timeline right? Or did Miami have a chance to sign Lowry the same year LeBron went back to Cleveland? Did the Heat have a chance to have a team with Lowry/LBJ/Wade and Bosh? Man, that's a great "what if?"

I'm not thrilled that we needed to come back from 23 down in the first half, and take it to OT to beat the Nuggets.  I am thrilled that we were able to though.  CP has been excellent since the start of the year, and Dirk has having a p good stretch of games right now.  Also, I hate myself for ever wanting to waive Raymond Felton.  Dude has been the most consistent player on the team all year.

The Cavs dominated that Raptors game. The Raptors never had a lead bigger than 3. I try not to be one of those fans that constantly shits on his own team, but I have never seen a professional team that loves to take their foot off the gas more than this Cavs team. It's....frustrating. 

From ESPN

James is now 5-for-47 (10.6 percent) over the past 10 seasons on potential game-tying and go-ahead field goals in the final 5 seconds of the fourth quarter and overtime. Among players with at least 25 attempts, only Jamal Crawford has a worse field goal percentage on those shots over that span, according to ESPN Stats & Information. James also has missed 16 go-ahead 3-pointers with less than 5 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter and overtime during his career, the most in the NBA since he entered the league in 2003-04.

CcOr22eW0AAhlg_.jpg

If OKC had any sort of above average bench, I would buy all the "OKC is the dark horse" talk.  As it is, I have to watch Kyle Singler play significant minutes for them in the 4th quarter.

If Durant and Westbrook can play every minute(okay, almost every minute) of a seven game series against the Warriors, then maybe I'll believe they have a legitimate shot.  Even then...

Also, I think Billy Donovan put together an insanely great defensive scheme tonight. They had all sorts of really great traps and did good matchup tricks like put KD on Shawn Livingston to prevent Livingston from using his killer post game. And then, of course, he doesn't call a TO when KD is trapped in the corner.

Warriors' OT offense is basically just Curry shooting practice...and it's almost working.

Kyle Singler is out there trying to guard Curry.  :(

Edit:
They switching Singler on him off the screen.

Edited by _MJ_

Warriors' OT offense is basically just Curry shooting practice...and it's almost working.

Kyle Singler is out there trying to guard Curry. :(

I'll never understand it, but when he was still a Piston last year, Singler had a game where he stopped Lebron over and over all game long. I've never been more baffled by a one night performance in the NBA. He looked like Bruce Bowen or Ron Artest in their primes.

Then the next game, he was just, you know, Kyle Singler.

• Like 1

I really don't want Durant to leave. This OKC team is such a blast to watch... Can you imagine how good they'd be with a bench that isn't full of one dimensional shitbums? Or if Dion Waiters wasn't a starter and getting 28+ MPG... Sam Presti is the drizzling shits.

• Like 1