DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

OKC is awesome, but I think everyone still sees them as third in the West.

Even if they are better than Cleveland, the Cavs have a better chance at winning the title than the Thunder.

Honestly, the Pistons pick probably should have just been top three protected. "If we just miss the playoffs and if we just happen to get really lucky in the lottery, you don't get the pick."

Bottom line: Nothing moved the needle today. Channing Frye doesn't get anyone over the hump. Decent player but not anything that's going to bring home a title.

Do NBA GMs realize that there's Golden State, then San Antonio, then Cleveland and everyone else? Go big or go home. Toronto should have went all in on someone.

I think they DO realize that, and why waste assets when you don't have a chance to win anyway?

I just went on YouTube, found the Go NY Go NY Go video from 1994, watched it over and over and then cried myself to sleep. You don't know what I would give for another Mase or Oak to be on the Knicks.

• Like 2

Anthony Davis with 59 points and 20 rebounds against the Pistons. Only the third player since Wilt to pull that off. Smashed the previous single game point record at the Palace, which was 48 by LeBron back in 07. The Pistons played some great D on him, but he just could not be stopped.

Anthony Davis with 59 points and 20 rebounds against the Pistons. Only the third player since Wilt to pull that off. Smashed the previous single game point record at the Palace, which was 48 by LeBron back in 07. The Pistons played some great D on him, but he just could not be stopped.

On a link from Twitter, some Boston beat writer was speculating that they Celtics had a trade for Anthony Davis that fell through. .  .LOL Here's the link to the BS story http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/gary-tanguay-says-anthony-davis-may-have-been-involved-in-boston-celtics-megadeal

Best part is Bill Simmons forwarded the story to his dad as if it was legit

He clearly forwarded it to his dad as a joke

I loved this - misleading headline, ludicrous premise + the payoff of Boston *almost* getting Anthony Davis!

I'm sending that piece to my dad and telling him that's it's true and we were thhhhhhhhis close to getting Anthony Davis.

I cannot wait to see how the Sixers handle this offseason.  Hinkie had an interview where he doubled down on the process.  I had to check to make sure it was not from The Onion.

I totally expect them to draft at least one center or power forward since Saric and maybe Embiid will be playing next year.  Why not?  It is all he drafts.