DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - Spring Training!

Dolfan in NYC

Can he be any worse in the OF than Hanley Ramirez?

No one could be worse in the OF than Hanley Ramirez. You and I could play the OF better than Hanley. 

On Reddit's baseball site today, there was someone who played OOTP game where he made a roster full of Phil Coke's to fill all 25 members of the roster. In a 162 game season, the lowest defensive WAR was 1-5 Phil Coke. No.6 was Hanley Ramirez.

That means 3 position player Phil Cokes did better then him.

• Like 1

It definitely seems like a "We will only give you 30 games if you agree to not appeal" deal

Which means they probably were going to give him like 60 or 80 but figured that would be sliced down afterwards

It definitely seems like a "We will only give you 30 games if you agree to not appeal" deal

Which means they probably were going to give him like 60 or 80 but figured that would be sliced down afterwards

That was my first thought as well.

Well Ed reminded too that a long suspension could have messed with his free agency

So that was probably another factor too - where they gave him something that won't mess him up.

Heard that they shaved 15 games off what they were going to give him when he agreed not to appeal. Obviously he made a wise decision because if he got 45 games he wouldn't be eligible for FA.

I hope he's saving some of his money at least. I think I saw a headline yesterday mentioning him dropping something like $7000 on a championship hog.

Yeah.  It's apparently about to become the most delicious $7000 Cespedes has spent. 

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14887994/new-york-mets-yoenis-cespedes-grand-champion-hog-sent-butcher